Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickinCroft!
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey peeps,
just wondering if you could tell tell me everything i need to know before i start kickboxing classes! i have a strong sense of determination and am desperate to get heaps fit! i currently do Acrobats and will continue to do it as well as kickboxing,will they help eachother? yur replies are really appreciated!

-KickinCroft! :pony:

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there KickinCroft ..... like the new name
Well .... I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of info there on kickboxing.com ....
I know we do have some members who train in kickboxing asnd might be able to offer you some beginner tips for you.

Check our Kickboxing forum too!

Right now you have the determination and that's a great prerequisite ... and you will get fit! Ever see an "unfit" kickboxer?

My suggestion is to not wait to "get fit" ..... work on your stretching and cardio now to prepare for the training that's ahead of you!
Obviously with prior acrobatic training you have conditioning already!

Please let us know how you make out after you begin your classes!!

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KickinCroft!

I do kickboxing and your acrobats will definately help you. Kickboxing uses punches from boxing and strikes and kicks from karate. In kickboxing flexibility is very useful as is speed and strengh. The acrobats will provide a lot of flexibility and strengh. I would suggest plyometric exercices which is mainly based on speed but also develops strengh, endurance and other fitness essential to kickboxing fitness. I found 'Jumping into Plyometrics' by Donald A. Chu, Phd very useful and now base my overall fitness on the trainging programs in the book.

Hope this helps

14 years old

[ This Message was edited by: Eye of the Tiger on 2002-06-02 09:55 ]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: