Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

darksoul
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:

I completely agree!

I also agree with the geographical aspect. You can't learn something that's not available in your area.

madtanker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do/Hapkido

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Idea... Reply with quote

I know that cursedforever's post is not exactly translating with most of us; we are generally serious about the ART in martial arts, and not the ability to decapitate someone or to cause their heart to stop beating. The concept should be health, mental and physical well-being, and of course, a battle tested method of DEFENSE which translated in the hands of a professional, can be used offensively as needed.
Having said that, I agree with many posters on here... what is the 'deadliest' art you ask? It is the one that is used inneffectively, thus causing injury or serious liability for the person that is misusing the art form. If you are going to look to kill someone, this may be something that you need to discuss openly with a friend that can help, or a trained professional that can deepen your understanding of why you feel the way that you do.
Likewise, one must try to understand why you are seeking this out; are you being bullied, harassed, or hurt? If so, there are authorities that can help with that... but you need the same vigilance that you were trying to employ. I was bullied, and I sought out the martial arts for the wrong reasons; she ran from me until I gained control of myself as a person, and control of my temper.
The 'deadliest' tool in ANYONE'S arsenal is the brain. Used with the right motivation, it can create wonders, or destroy civilizations.
As for your disability, you need to measure between your (physical and mental) abilities, combined with the martial arts in your area. I would sit down with a few masters, senseis, etc to discuss what you can do, are willing to do, and what you need to avoid.
In closing, I hope that you consider the options discussed in the forum, your needs, and a little bit of common sense when making this decision. Good luck!

yamesu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin. MT. Arnis. Judo. JediMantre.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ameri-Do-Te without a doubt

Seriously though, I think that what all the above posters have said really sums it up.

Harkon72
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Okinawan Karate, Aikido, Ninpo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All martial arts are deadly in the right hands! Osu!

ShotokanMaster
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate Do,american kenpo karate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: WHAT IS THE DEADLIEST KARATE STYLE (READ HELP) Reply with quote

All karate style is Deadly depending on how you use it on your opponent in karate theirs diff style of karate but when you used it its deadly you can send a person to a hospital when you defend your self against your opponent using punch kick and other technique

jaypo
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since most MA's were designed as empty hand defense techniques in times of war, every one has its "deadly" tecnhiques. Hell, I trained Shotokan for 2 years, and a simple reverse punch to the throat can be deadly. I think the question is a matter of philosophy- I would think something like Krav Maga (sp) would be one of the more deadly forms because of the reason it's taught. However, pretty much every style teaches lethal tecnhiques. Even Tai Chi has movements embedded within it with the purpose of stopping a person's heartbeat!
Respect others
Refrain from violent behavior.

darksoul
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaypo wrote:
Since most MA's were designed as empty hand defense techniques in times of war, every one has its "deadly" tecnhiques. Hell, I trained Shotokan for 2 years, and a simple reverse punch to the throat can be deadly. I think the question is a matter of philosophy- I would think something like Krav Maga (sp) would be one of the more deadly forms because of the reason it's taught. However, pretty much every style teaches lethal tecnhiques. Even Tai Chi has movements embedded within it with the purpose of stopping a person's heartbeat!

I agree with your first statement, but Shorin Ryu, Kempo, and Shotokan can be just as deadly, if not even more so, than Krav Maga and even Systema.

Many of my techniques, if performed fully and properly, will end with the death of my attacker, whether it be from broken neck, collapsed trachea, or just blunt force trauma.

Here's an example, a technique ends with a side blade to the head of a downed opponent. In "reality" that's a heel in the temple. If performed at full force, with shoes, a heel to the temple will kill someone.

I honestly don't think there is a "deadliest" art. All of our arts are dangerously deadly if performed at full force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: