Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

cursedforever
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: WHAT IS THE DEADLIEST KARATE STYLE (READ HELP) Reply with quote

i got aspergersyndrome im pretty in stiff as a stone form. i got basic moves.

im a calm fighter with reason and i can be fast and deadly i think sometimes.

tell me a good karate fighting style or maybe recommend me some other fightning like takewando or judo or some other martial arts style.

(thanks)

im a strategic fighter. not so fast not so deadly. but can be if see weakness
i dont think boxing or kick boxing is my style either. im dunno if i can be a fighter at all. im strategic fighter. i do basic moves.

response 1 ) i want it for offensive (tounrmanets) yes i want it to be basic and effective. i want also to be able to counter attack effectivley.

what combat does police use

Last edited by cursedforever on Fri May 18, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

evergrey
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: kyokushin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most effective style is the style that works best for you. The style that resonates the most with you, but is also realistic and good for practical application.

As for "deadliest," are you looking to kill someone? Killing doesn't really take a ton of skill, and there's more efficient ways to do it, but it's generally illegal. Or do you mean most effective?

Dobbersky
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Black Tiger Ashihara Karate Jutsu, Japanese Kickboxing, Cheng Man Ch'ing TaiChi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evergrey wrote:
The most effective style is the style that works best for you. The style that resonates the most with you, but is also realistic and good for practical application.

As for "deadliest," are you looking to kill someone? Killing doesn't really take a ton of skill, and there's more efficient ways to do it, but it's generally illegal. Or do you mean most effective?

Solid post!!!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself, OSU

Ueshirokarate
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi, BJJ and a little bit of Judo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the two prior posters. I might add that the most effective martial art for any one person is greatly dependent on the availability and quality of training in that specific art. I am not a huge Tae Kwon Do fan. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just not an art that interests me at all. However, if I were in an area that had a crappy school in some style of fighting I liked and a great TKD school, I would most certainly take up Tae Kwon Do.

The bottom line is that every style has a sufficient measure of effectiveness or it wouldn't be around anymore, but individual schools come and go all the time. It takes solid instruction, will and hard training to become an effective fighter in any style. Without these things you will be lost in any fight against anyone who has had decent training no matter which styles are matched up.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, cursedforever. Please answer the two questions below when you return to this thread, as they will help people offer thoughtful responses.

1. What arts are available in your area?
2. What are you looking to get out of the arts (in a little more detail, if possible)?

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deadliest? Imho, there's no such thing, it's an illusion at best, imho. Why? We're humans first, and MAists second, but, we're flawed from the start, and what is deadly and what isn't, imho, is an oxymoron. Today's effectiveness is tomorrow's ineffectiveness because, as humans, we're not that consistent, even though we do try wholeheartedly.

Deadliest and MA, imho, are again, oxymoron's at best.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ueshirokarate wrote:
I agree with the two prior posters. I might add that the most effective martial art for any one person is greatly dependent on the availability and quality of training in that specific art. I am not a huge Tae Kwon Do fan. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just not an art that interests me at all. However, if I were in an area that had a crappy school in some style of fighting I liked and a great TKD school, I would most certainly take up Tae Kwon Do.

The bottom line is that every style has a sufficient measure of effectiveness or it wouldn't be around anymore, but individual schools come and go all the time. It takes solid instruction, will and hard training to become an effective fighter in any style. Without these things you will be lost in any fight against anyone who has had decent training no matter which styles are matched up.

This, and the following example that Ueshiro lists is a great, and often overlooked, fact. Geography will often dictate what you have available. I had wanted to train BJJ for years, however, I had to wait until I was in a area, and time in my life, where this was possible.

I had a friend who wanted to do the same thing. Instead of waiting, he finished school and ended up in Rio. It's about priorities and what you can make work with you life.

Currently, I'm waiting until time lines up so I can fulfill another martial goal. These things will change with time. But geography is a major factor in this. Good point.

Get'erDone
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Kyukoshin, Judo and Self-Defense

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking what martial art style is most effective is akin to asking what colour to paint a room in the house. It depends entirely on the paint colours available at the store, your personal interests and what the room is to be used for. In other words, see which schools are near you, ask yourself what you want to get out of it and what you find interesting or appealing. It's useless for us to list 20 different martial arts if you cant find a school nearby that teaches any of them or you don't like them.

shinka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hoshinkido Hapkido, Genbukan Ninjutsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others...

There's no deadliest one.... When you become a human weapon....You are a weapon no matter what style you practice.
All depends on the person and what's good for you.
Honestly, Do not go into a dojo (dojang) and ask the Sensei (Kwan jang nim) if his style's the deadliest...He will kick you out for sure.

Become one with a style you like....search about what you would like better.
Ground,no ground,more punches,kicks....joint locks etc....

But...... There's martial sports and martial arts... (not offense to anyone here)
Martial sports.... Judo,Tae Kwon do,some karate (not all) etc... olympic arts and lots of competitions with padding etc...
Martial arts..... Hapkido,Krav Maga, Ninjutsu etc.... no competition (too high risk of injury)...for example..Hapkido sometime have some but most of all the root of the art is modified to be acceptable in competition so it become something else than the original hapkido.

so decide by yourself...all the answers were good.
I just gave my opinion here

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinka wrote:
I agree with the others...

There's no deadliest one.... When you become a human weapon....You are a weapon no matter what style you practice.
All depends on the person and what's good for you.
Honestly, Do not go into a dojo (dojang) and ask the Sensei (Kwan jang nim) if his style's the deadliest...He will kick you out for sure.

Become one with a style you like....search about what you would like better.
Ground,no ground,more punches,kicks....joint locks etc....

But...... There's martial sports and martial arts... (not offense to anyone here)
Martial sports.... Judo,Tae Kwon do,some karate (not all) etc... olympic arts and lots of competitions with padding etc...
Martial arts..... Hapkido,Krav Maga, Ninjutsu etc.... no competition (too high risk of injury)...for example..Hapkido sometime have some but most of all the root of the art is modified to be acceptable in competition so it become something else than the original hapkido.

so decide by yourself...all the answers were good.
I just gave my opinion here

Solid post!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: