Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Canadian77
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: What is the weapon called? Reply with quote

I wonder if any of you have heard of this. Our sensei let us try a new weapon last night. It's kind of like a bo and nunchaku mixed in a way. Picture nunchaku but where one end is much longer so that the total length is about the length of a bo. He just showed us a few basics with it. It was fun, although I had to be very careful not to whack myself in the head! Lol. It was heavier than a bo, but the movements were somewhat similar, with some figure-8s to make use of the short end. (That was where the head-whacking-danger came into play.)

Anyway, has anyone heard of it? I can't remember what our sensei called it and now I can't find it anywhere online. I see a three-section bo, but this had only two sections, one long and one about the length of a nunchaku section, or maybe just slightly longer.

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chang Xiao Bang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-section_staff

Good luck and happy hunting.

Canadian77
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian77 wrote:
Thank you!

Not to stereotype, but from personal experience, I've never met a Canadian I didn't like. I'd move but I like a little warmth on occasion and all my family is here.

For someone who lives in rural Central Illinois and rarely goes anywhere, I've met a lot of Canadians. I used to build grain dryers for GSI, who had many customers from Canada. Or maybe I just like farmers.

Canadian77
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterPain wrote:
Canadian77 wrote:
Thank you!

Not to stereotype, but from personal experience, I've never met a Canadian I didn't like. I'd move but I like a little warmth on occasion and all my family is here.

For someone who lives in rural Central Illinois and rarely goes anywhere, I've met a lot of Canadians. I used to build grain dryers for GSI, who had many customers from Canada. Or maybe I just like farmers.

Lol! Well if you're going to stereotype, I don't mind that one! We have our share of jerks in the country, but lots of us are pretty friendly. Farmers are pretty nice people for the most part too, though. But in my experience, martial artists tend to be very nice as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: