Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

show some respect to all involved regardless....... this is a public forum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you people act immature and disrespectful..you want to talk like this join a site like modern mercinary or "guns and ammo".you know this site is for martial artist yet you act like common thugs please you bore me... and you bring low class to this site..

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While fire-arms are great weapons to have in your arsenal, it shouldn't be the only weapon. You cannot take a firearm into many public places.. airports being the big one. You should train in other, more subtle weapons as well. To say that a gun beats a sword everytime is *, within 5ft the sword will have a greater chance of winning. A gun can only damage what it's pointing at, a sword can thrust and slice on several planes. Also, you must keep in mind that with a gun, there is very little choice as to whether or not you want to end a person's life. Melee weapons give you a more peaceful solution.

Fire-arms should be a part of self-defense training, but only a part of it. If you are serious about self-defense, you should learn how to use anything as a weapon and how to defend yourself against them.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many women carry pepper sprays, mace, guns and other weapons used for self defense. I feel they are all unwieldy to carry and require some sense of exactitude that I may not have in a stressful situation. I choose to carry a knife and have trained in the use of knives for self defense. Not everyone will respond to kicks, punches, holds or pressure points but everyone bleeds.
Many of the skills learned i traditional martial arts do transfer to knifefighting techniques and help the martial artist develop skills for different situations.

Deby

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mom carries pepperspray, I think its pretty good. Never had to use it which is good, but it is definitely a good thing to have.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OC Spray is an effective tool if you are trained properly to use it, and is not lethal by any means.

My warning though is get training to use it, OC can splash back into your face, and can be a rude awakening if you have never been sprayed before.

I also advise ladies to get (if legal) the dye foam OC spray. If you are attacked, and use it it is easy for the authorities to identify the assailant and arrest them. It's actually comical as they will have a blue or green dyed face...

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's great about pepper spray is that you can use it to really add some kick to your meals. If you can't find the tabasco, reach for your spray. Yummy!!!

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pay to see you do that Ken.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Although not that much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into fire weapons.. you can hurt yourself very very easily with them, and can be taken away and used against you easily too.
I would like the idea of knowing how to shoot, how to disarm.. how the guns works.. But not interest on Carry one.
I'm more into Improvised weapons you can use everywhere and you don't necesarilly have to carry them. Also, I think stick weapons are second best,.. followed by knifes.
As far as Martial arts weapons.. Bo's and Nunckuk's , and filipion sticks would be my choice.
And the swords.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: