Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I feel the same way about firearms, Sub. I am learning all I can about them, but probably won't ever really want to carry a concealed weapon. Especially since I travel alot and airports don't like em.

unDertow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are kinda off base with the gun thing. It is very very hard to disarm someone with a gun. You would need to move your entire body in the time it takes a person to squeese the trigger. I don't know how much experience you guys have with a firearm but it is the most effectife and user friendly weapon you can have. You just point and squees.

This Message was edited by: unDertow on Aug 17, 2001 2:42pm

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I would never possess a firearm and think that they really have never been invented... I agree with Undertow on the fact that dancing around and doing the Martial Arts thing to a person that knows how to handle a gun - pointless.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true.. a gun is pointed at me and I give up and hope that I won't get killed. If it's apparent that the person wants to shoot me, then I'll try some disarm.
My point is that I"m training in the use of firearms and marksmanship. It's fun, but I don't really want to carry a fire-arm around.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many gun manufacturers offer tactical firearms course, while some are not available to the general public, others are. The will teach you everything from how to shoot better, to urban combat, as well as practicing 'weapon retention' techniques.

These course are much more intense, and give you a better understanding of firearms, and dealing with situations involving firearms.

unDertow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a better chance disarming someone who doesn't really want to shoot you or isn't sure but if someone wants to shoot you they will and there isn't really much you can do.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate guns. Any body could kill with a gun. I wish fire power was never invented so that war could use a powerful general with a big ax or sword.

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is as follows,

Any man can get a gun and shoot somebody, but an individual will fight to protect himself when needed and not bully someone of less ability.

Even though my other motto is this

It takes a bigger man to say no to a fight and to walk away knowing that you are mentally stronger than the other.

Ofcourse some will agree and disagree but I just thought that I would put my point across.

Thankyou

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: