Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my tournament days, 20 years ago, I went with either Unsu or Wankan! If I was at a compulsory tournament I would do whatever was on the list per round!

Those were the days!

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
In my tournament days, 20 years ago, I went with either Unsu or Wankan! If I was at a compulsory tournament I would do whatever was on the list per round!

Those were the days!

I did a small tournament on Sunday the other day where it was just my club and 4 other clubs. we for some reason had it as a compulsory kata list that had the following for each round for the Black Belt Division:

1) Seeiunchin
2) Seisan
3) Seipai
4) Kururunfa
5) Suparempei
6) Tokui (Free choice)

We had the opportunity for a Tokui Kata in the final round because many of us black belts were advanced enough to know more than just the Goju Kata.

I made it to the final round at performed Anan whilst my opponent from one of the other dojo's performed Unsu. I came 1st which was awesome.

Each of the 5 clubs had to have 5 people from each rank to compete in the divisions. So 9 ranks * 5 Students = 45 students and had to have 45 juniors and only 18 adults to compete.

This was meant to be for fun and preparation for tournaments, but also at the same time we were able to test people for kata (if they were eligible).

We also ran kumite that afternoon but i didn't enter, and any student from the dojos could enter into the appropriate rank.

We ran each division the same way as the WKF runs the international competitions; aka and ao. But we provided the belts to those who didn't have them.

The Juniors kata was Tokui after round 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: