Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jeffrey
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: What KF Means to Me! Reply with quote

This post was originally published as an article in a dedicated KarateForums.com Articles section, which is no longer online. After the section was closed, this article was most to the most appropriate forum in our community.

"What Does KarateForums.com mean to me?" This is a question that can encompass so much. I have been a member here for a little over a year. I don't always post a lot but I read almost everything. Over the last year I have enjoyed every moment spent reading what our members have to offer. Sometimes a question is asked and you think to yourself, why didn’t I think of that.

There are many communities out there for the martial artist to join. So what sets KarateForums.com apart from the rest? You the people of this forum! It is every member that adds that little or a lot of knowledge to this community. These members all come from different martial backgrounds and from different places in the world. We have a wealth of experiences to draw on. There is never an online writing match between which martial art is better but rather a combined effort to better and learn from each other.

This is a place to help me grow and learn from other experiences. To be able to ask a question and get more that what is asked. Through KF I have been given through other members a few doors to open to further my own art.

There are many members here who I wish I could spend some one on one with and train with. You all have so much to offer. And just maybe I might be able to teach a thing or two. Perhaps that day will come.

To end I would to thank the members and staff again for making this community what it is today and to Patrick for having the notion 10 years ago to create it.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked all members of staff if they'd like to write an article like this and Jeffrey was one of the ones that did. Thank you, Jeffrey, for sharing these sentiments and for all of your contributions to the community.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo your sentiments, Jeffrey. It would be great to meet some of the members here some day. I can only imagine by the amount I've learned here reading, what I could learn in person. Great comments.

kiaikid
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Kempo, MMA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined KF and I already LOVE it. Martial arts is my passion and I can't get enough! I was so happy to find a community of martial artists who can share their knowledge with me and help me on this journey. I hope someday I will be able to give back and share once I have more experience.

It's not the skill, it's the HEART.

White Belt, June 2011. Yellow Belt, August 2011.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, kiaikid. Happy to hear it!

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: