Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And their husbands did????????? Does the phrase "a girl in every port" mean anything to you guys? Be fair now guys!

Lori

-Unknown-

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-08-28 11:04 ]

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was just giving an example i dont want to turn this into the virtues of matrimony or guys are from mars girls are from venus...just trying to once again point out the over emphasis in judging ones ability or background or character just because of the belt color they are wearing.. ive meet too many people who were not black belts who are true martial artist than visca versa..(by the way ken yeah i was in for six years you too?)

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEEZ....you guys take a view and/or opinion and BLOW it up to proportions!

I took a simple analagy... to what "I FEEL" being a black belt means.
I am DAMN PROUD OF THE FACT THAT I AM A BLACK BELT AND I WILL STRUT MY STUFF WHILE WEARING IT THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND DESERVE THE RESPECT THAT SPORTING THAT SIMPLE PIECE OF CLOTH BRINGS. (at least it should). But I guess I am living in a dream world where black belts are respected and so is the instituion of marriage.

"my point being that wearing things that symbolize something does not make the persons character..only that person can make that happen.."
Who said it did?
What happened to pride in one's accomplishments?? If wearing a certain color belt does that for that individual then that person has made it happen.

Nuff said on this thank you very much guys!

Deby

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..I was in the Navy for 10 years, a nuke EM2. And from my experiences, it is usually the Navy wives that will cheat on their husbands. Enough of that though.
As far as "black belt" goes.. I don't really care to tell people that I am or not, because in society today, "Black Belt" means nothing. I will wear my knowledge, wisdom and skill instead and be proud of that.

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I can up with something groundbreaking? nah.

Anyways, maybe what makes a black belt cannot be defined in lists of attributes? Sure, they're important, but isn't it primarily down to their attitude and dedication to the art? If a person decides, I'm not going to go to lessons, I'll just go for my black belt and pass because I'm good (yes, karateronin, I can see the irony, but I had an excuse...) then they are showing no dedication to the art.

Oh yeah, you've got to be good at karate too.

Also, I find it hard to see black belt as a milestone in itself. Technically it's just another belt that the japs chose when they ran out of colours...

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

respect the institute of marriage? have you watched jerry springer lately ?as far as wearing your black belt yes you should be proud of having that privledge i wasnt saying otherwise .. i was just stating that wearing that belt is the smallest part of being that belt..in other words being a well rounded martial artist is way more important then reminding people every 5 minutes hey im a master or im a black belt... I dont tell everyone i know im a black belt and i also dont claim to be or let anyone call me master despite the fact ive been in taekwondo for 25 years now.the respect i get is from individuals knowing who i am what im capable of and not the uniform belt or title that is presented....so much emphasis is put on that belt and it is but a small part of the martial arts...so step back take a deep breath i wasnt trying to set you off girl..im glad you have youre black belt and i hope youre as nice and confident as you sound on this site ...

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...no offense taken!

Deby

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooooooo scared of you!!!!!!

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great reading...i love this stuff...........

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: