Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

inyctrotter
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: What would happen if Bruce Lee was alive today? Reply with quote

Any ideas what Bruce Lee would have suceeded if Bruce Lee was still alive today? This topic is for fun, post at your own will.

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he would have perfected JKD and made some more films. probably alot more to.

LeaF
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well he probably would have made more films etc.... But this is what I really want to know...

What is the big deal about Bruce Lee. Ok I know he was in amazing shape and came up with JKD but really the only reason so many people know him is because he was in show business, and in my opinion this was a negative for his martial artist status. I hold alot more respect for the masters how humblly lived their lives and didn't show off there talents. Everyone talks like Bruce Lee was The Greatest Martial artist ever, well I am sorry I agree he was an exception master but I do not hold him on the pedistool that so many people today seem too. I know this may be off topic but lets here from some Bruce Lee "groupies" I would like to know why people seem to love him soooo much and how do you feel about him! Personally I think he is overrated...(I am merely expressing my opinion I hope to not stir up too much negativity here)

I AM CANADIAN

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spose i can see where your coming from. hes only really famous for his films.

Red J
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo Sandan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were still alive we would have some more recent (and better) footage on him. There was an interesting documentary on him recently.

three60roundhouse
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: What would happen if Bruce Lee was alive today? Reply with quote

Um, we would have one unused headstone??

Seriously, I don't think that any one person has ever "revolutionized" the martial arts as much as some people give Lee credit for. He was a great artist, a greayt actor, but there are quite a few of the former and many more of the latter.

Girls kick butt!

Bratt
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He maybe wouldn't of "revolutionized" the Martial Arts, BUT no one knows what he would've done. He, in my opinion, would of helped evolve the Martial Arts in movies. Like many have said, Bruce put reality into the Martial Arts in movies, without all the fake stuff like flying and running at lightning speeds and such. Movies would be alot more real then sci-fi, in my opinion of course.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen brother LeaF.....

Athorn4941
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKD to him would have never been perfect. A person must practise there whole lives many times that to ever acheive perfect what bruce theories on jkd origanlly would have changed as he got older to accomadate his aging body. And if he didnt die we might have trown him off to the side not realizing the wisdom he had in combat. Just remeber this cause everyone has a piece of wisdom like he knew if it is usefull to you use it and if not don't
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Hapkidodude
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be training his * off.

The Hand is quicker than the eye!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: