Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
A thought that often comes to mind is this: A teacher may make every effort to teach everything possible, but the student may or may not be able, or ready to fully understand what is being taught at the time it is taught. This, despite the teacher’s intention to give full and complete knowledge.

A student may not be able to “know” a concept until much longer after being taught and only “get it” later. This is why many practise for years and then one day realize “so, this is what sensei meant”.

Aren't the "Aha" moments worth the wait?!?

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
A thought that often comes to mind is this: A teacher may make every effort to teach everything possible, but the student may or may not be able, or ready to fully understand what is being taught at the time it is taught. This, despite the teacher’s intention to give full and complete knowledge.

A student may not be able to “know” a concept until much longer after being taught and only “get it” later. This is why many practise for years and then one day realize “so, this is what sensei meant”.

Yes sir I can not argue with that logic because it is absolutely true. Great point!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:

Not that I’ve really had that moment yet in MA, although there’s been many ah-ha moments, but it’s exactly like when my father told me some things when they was a kid, and now that I’ve got my own kids, I realize “now I understand what he was saying.”

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every night, with whatever I'm teaching, I try to give the students everything I know about the matter at hand.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgeese wrote:
Every night, with whatever I'm teaching, I try to give the students everything I know about the matter at hand.

Because the students deserve that from the CI!!

Imho!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: