Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JazzKicker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hapkido, JKD, TSD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very thought provoking question. The "leaving the dojo for the last time" part of the question frames the question as if, at some point when you no longer go to a physical place, it's over. Thing is, anywhere can be a dojo. Martial art is something you carry around inside you.

I could say, though, that I regret that as the years go by, it's been harder to have a dojo home to nurture my training. I kind of regret that when I was involved in traditional karate, I didn't have the experiences of getting a master's belt and having my own school.
But the flip side of that, my most satisfying memories, is when I stepped off that path, to a club in my town that became a home for many years, where my skills grew and broadened considerably, I made long term friends, got in great shape. One door closes, another opens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: