Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the real man steps in. SAN SHOU RING FIGHING IS BETTER THEN MUAY THAI , AND SO IS THE OUT OF THE RING FIGHTING.

Muay Thai alway try to fight on the ring and rarly learn street defence because they want to be really good on the ring. As for San Shou, they learn real defence as much as ring fighting or even more. Yet, San vs Muay Thai is a 2 on 2 tie in fighting with both muay thai and san shou rules.
Muay Thai guys train on the ring 90 percent and San Shou train for the ring 50 Percent and there is a tie. I am not saying that San Shou is Better.

And Cung Le kicked the Muay Thai people's bootucks!

www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com
This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, Cung LE is here in US and he has a big school. Check this out guys http://www.cungle.com, if you like go learn San Shou, It has Really good.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Real Man?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys get into this style vs style thing alot,to me thats a load,it's individual vs individual.In Thailand as around the world different gyms concentrate on different thing,some gyms produce fine boxers ,some kicker and some alround fighters.
To say San Shou is better or Muay Thai is better is pretty childish as there will be good fighters in both,it's sorta like saying my big brother can beat your big brother.
There probably is San Shou here but Muay Thai is the sport that is televised weekly.C7 show Thai fights while Fox show the Aussie based events,the only other arts televised is Karate and Tae Kwon Do and they are few and far between.

As for Cung Le,I have watched himfight a couple of times on ESPN and he is O.K. but some of the guys he's fought aren't much,I'd like to see him fight someone of equal standard,a real International opponent.Then you would see how hot or not the guy really is.
(No point fighting stiffs,anyone will look good fighting guys below par)

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only wish we had televised events weekly. I have to get my fix watching boxing and the odd muay thai event on TSN.

I have never seen a broadcast San Shou event other than the Canadian National Team Selections, outside of China. China has a huge broadcast of pro San Shou events, the problem is that alot of what happens in China stays in China.

I agree that Muay Thai probably has a larger network following which has grown over the past decade, and I believe somewhat helped by the K-1 series.

As for Cung Le he has done very well for himself in the promotion department, and he will pick his fights from now on very carefully to maintain the positive media attention. He is the only San Shou fighter to gain this type of recognition in North America (being in California doesn't hurt either). His last fight was a demo against Rudy Ott in July. I don't know if he is actively fighting or what. I wish I could have attended the San Jose event, just to see what was going on (I was recovering from an injury).

Cung is also apparently training now with Frank Shamrock...which makes me wonder if he is looking to go into NHB events.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...You don't see we "LADIES" bickering here on the board as to whose style is best or more popular! C'mon...

boys will be boys!

...unless Angus knows something we don't know!
Peace,
Deby

If there is a righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in character,beauty in the character, there will be harmony in thehome. Harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation.When there is order in the nation, there will be peace on earth.

This Message was edited by: KickChick on Aug 14, 2001 4:33am

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I never think style vs. style. I think Country vs. Country.

I think I will master in San Shou in stead since China is a powerfull country and The country has the fastest growing rates in the world ( in encomney wise ).

In about 10 years, A SanShou Dude that is a champion or somthing could make alot of mooola.

Damo
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are retatred with your style vs. style arguments. No one style is superior because each single stlye lacks in at least one aspect of fighting. You can take the top fighter in any single style and put him in the PRIDE Grand Prix and I guarantee you he won't make out of the quarter finals. You can't out kick muay thai, you can't out throw judo, you can't out grapple a wrestler, you can't out submit a BJJ fighter, and you can't out box a boxer. So you need to gain as many skills a possible.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Damos! I JUST SAID!!!!!!!!!! " I DON'T CARE ABOUT STYLE VS STYLE, I CARE ABOUT COUNTRY VS *!!!!!"

I DON'T CARE ABOUT STYLE VS STYLE, I CARE ABOUT COUNTRY VS *!!!!!"

Damo
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edited]

And for country vs.country you said china. Haha wrong answer China sucks they they're growing so fast and living in such a [word edited out] hole they're gonna start an outbreak of the plague thats gonna turn them back into a third world country.

[edit note:]
These posts are getting out of hand, have a little more restraint please... it's just a web board, they are just opinions and words.
[/edit note]

This Message was edited by: Tim Greer on Aug 14, 2001 6:51pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: