Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Who Really Won This Fight him or her? Reply with quote

Who really won this fight him or her?
Karate girl vs Street fighter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3OgpLmtQuE

mushybees
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wado ryu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either of them were impressive. She was fast and closed the distance with ease but with no power and being satified to land just a single punch with an accompanying kiai meant it was all for naught.
He looked half asleep and frankly a shambles

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure anyone can classify that as a real fight.

It looked to me like a sparring match between a tournament style black belt and a white belt/ total novice. He had no idea what he was doing. He was slapping and using hammer fist strikes that never really connected.

I won't take anything away from her because you can tell she has some skills but honestly if the guy had half a mind to pound her into the ground instead of constantly letting her go the fight would've been over quick. Nothing more than patty cakes!

He definitely needs to learn how to fight before facing anyone again.

Weak at best but I have to give it to the one point wonder (girl) because he did pretty much nothing.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither of them!!!!!

If I was forced to pick a winner between these two, I suppose that I'd pick her hands down.

He doesn't have the minimum of an idea of what to do across the board; undisciplined as well as unskilled, through and through.

She at least had a modicum of effort throughout the encounter. Whereas, he lacked much more than he could afford.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The initial impression this video gives is that it is utter nonsense. Further consideration makes one wonder what exactly was the point and the purpose of this match-up.

One was clearly a classically trained point-fighter and the other didn’t seem too sure what he was supposed to do. Perhaps some of it can be explained by the fact that he was against a woman.

Luther unleashed
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: A few!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this video here, I saw this video years ago as it has recirculated on social media as well. I’m a bit surprised at the sort of “snarl “in everybody’s post in response to watching the video. I was actually quite impressed with the girl and thought she showed great skill. Yes, I understand she settled for single strikes but she clearly understood that she was up against somebody much stronger, and somebody who in my opinion appeared as though he would fight dirty at the drop of a hat has he wrote to me this way in the video. I did not re-watch the whole thing just now because as I said I have seen it multiple times before but this was what I took away from it.

The girl was doing that cookie cutter karate types barring that I’m not in love with however, I think she did quite well and I was more impressed than my forum counterparts that posted previously.

I also by the way, do agree that the guy did not appear to have a very solid skill set, that’s just my opinion as a teacher who is trained to look at somebody’s level of abilities.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of valid comments about this fight.

Still more room or opportunities for opinions.

Such as the contrast between the effectiveness of a skilled tournament point fighter against a person that isn't.

As if this fight was judged as a point tournament fight, she would be considered the winner, yet again, if this fight was on the street with concrete beneath their feet and objects present, she would have been bumping into objects at all angles.
To be continued...

Another look at LUCIA KOVACIKOVA'S fighting abilities, this time, against someone her own size and weight also a female, this time in a tournament setting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kxboq7hELw

Tempest
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Judo, HEMA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Really Won This Fight him or her? Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Who really won this fight him or her?
Karate girl vs Street fighter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3OgpLmtQuE

Since this was obviously a setup... if you want to call what they were doing fighting... ok.

Well, she clearly has no idea how to hit with anything resembling power and he has no idea how to do... anything, but size and strength count for a lot and count for more when nobody has any skill, so... I call it a tie.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fight is a no contest, due to the male vs female setup.

As the male is standing on low moral ground for fighting a female, whereas the female is given license to try to hurt a male participant.

I recognize and have witnessed this type of scenario in self denfence classes, where the female defends against a male attacker.

Where the male increases the pressure against the female depending on the amount of success she obtains.

This idea of looking more like a self defense situation between a female victim and a male attacker, due to the indoor open space with no apparent exist, all the while, he is not trying to cut off any exists, as if he has the upper hand over her, due to him having the keys to the place and she has no exists whatsoever.

She was expending her energy while he was binding his time, where it would only be a matter of time for her running out of energy to continue.

Therefore in the long run, she would have lost to him due to exhaustion.

As she is a point tournament fighter, with the referee to create gaps to regain some breath, while awarding points for singular strikes, in this fight however it is the opposite, of what she trains for.

Which brings up the point of, fight the way you train and train the way you fight.

As if this was a real fight or confrontation, one good blow should be followed up with another, then another, and another, to win by using tried and tested skillful fighting techniques.

When she hurt him, instead of backing off, it was the moment to do the opposite and go in with everything she had to finish him.

He was not using any skill against her or excessive viloence because it wasn't necessary for him to and she couldn't hurt him enough to incapacitate or detour him from continuing.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, and imho, this was a complete waste of time for both of them because it didn't provide anything of substance, whatsoever!! Was there suppose to be substance?? I really doubt it, no matter their cooperative and/or individual intents for this exercise.

We all can assume all we want; reaching our own conclusions because we're on the outside looking in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: