Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"okokok Patrick stop twisting my arm"!!! ...
Just kidding,,,, actually y'know by now that I love to write ... so pick a day
any day 'cept Sun or Mon ... So that leaves Wed. Thurs or Fri.
Can I have Fridays??? TGIF and all that!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.

Sunday, Tuesday and Friday gone.

2 more needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did get a perm a while back, Patrick. But that's not what I ment hehehehe Tuesday it is for me

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, no one has to start writing until we actually get 5 people and I tell you to go. You can write whenever you want though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to bring this up again, as we need two more to get this rolling.

Thanks.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, no one else then?

Really, it isn't a hard thing to do. And I'd love to have a couple more.

Thanks.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to be an MA news writer? Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Basically, you would find news, for instance:

http://news.google.com/news?q=Martial+Arts&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d

Tons of stuff. New stuff every day. You would then make your own write up about the news, as we cannot copy other news sources (of course). This would have to be at least 400 words (short). I plan to launch the articles section soon and if we had one person submit one news article every day (once its launched), we'd be doing great. It doesn't take that long to write a news article, as you probably know. At least 400 words (more if you can), use Google news to find the latest MA news, choose something, write and submit.

I just wanted to get this idea out there, because if people are willing to do this, we can launch the Articles section sooner (and not wait for the 10-12 articles I had initally called for).

Okay there are 3 of us who have jumped in to write ... c'mon guys!!
Let get this rolling .... There is alot happening in the world of martial arts, some controversial, political, some ground breaking achievements, lots of martial arts entertainment related news...

Those of you in the UK and Europe, report on what is happening in your corner of the world.

Here is a chance to get yourself a byline!! (Hey those of you in school may even get some extra credit from your teachers for this!) ...

and wouldn't it look cool when you print out your article and post it on your dojo bulletin board?

Okay .... who is our next News writer for KarateForums????

karatekid1975
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me Me Me! Oh, wait. I did that already ..... Seriously. If no one else comes forward, I'll pick up another day if I can. Lemme know

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that, Laurie.

This isn't saying you can't write more, it is just to have one (somewhat) concrete day and then you can pop in another article when you want.

Looking forward to getting started. I have just one more thing that I need, but I set up a bunch of things last night, so I am basically ready (except for the one thing) on my end. So, maybe we'll just go with 3, if no one else steps forward.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an idea, Patrick. Tuesday is my day, but I'll prolly write one or two more articles a week if needed (eventhough it won't be my day). Just to help out a little
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: