Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Who wants to be an MA news writer? Reply with quote

Basically, you would find news, for instance:

http://news.google.com/news?q=Martial+Arts&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d

Tons of stuff. New stuff every day. You would then make your own write up about the news, as we cannot copy other news sources (of course). This would have to be at least 400 words (short). I plan to launch the articles section soon and if we had one person submit one news article every day (once its launched), we'd be doing great. It doesn't take that long to write a news article, as you probably know. At least 400 words (more if you can), use Google news to find the latest MA news, choose something, write and submit.

I just wanted to get this idea out there, because if people are willing to do this, we can launch the Articles section sooner (and not wait for the 10-12 articles I had initally called for).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I could but I would mostly do one on the weekend or something.

Just a suggestion if we have many people who want to do this we could have some specific person do it on a certain day of the week and if there are more people then the more articles we well get.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that is a good idea, Kicker. If we had one person take on a day (or maybe 2 per day, depending on the popularity of it), that would work great. If we had one person assigned to each day, it would guarentee a bunch of articles, because then there will be the editorials and other articles that are submitted as well. So, we'll have more than 7 pieces a week. I'd have no problem launching the articles section now, if we could get a person each day.

Good idea, Kicker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to do an article maybe twice a week. It takes time to search and compile all the news I find (bewteen TKD, and working), but I'd give it a shot

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be great. As I said, if we could get one person on each day of the week that would allow for someone to maybe miss their turn once or twice a week, so this is a commitment, but it isn't life and death, if we can get 7 concrete people... it'll work nicely.

Pick a day.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick

I guess all pick Saturday!

But I might not be able to post sometime like for easter I wont for sure and maybe Christmas.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, thats fine.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

We'd like to get at least 5 days covered. Today I spent a few hours and got a new frontpage all setup and ready to accomodate articles. So, basically, I'm ready. As soon as we can get at least 5 days covered, we'll launch.

Karatekid, as I said, that'd be great. We'd love to have you write as much as you want, for the sake of the organization, please pick a day (just not Saturday ) when you get a chance.

Thanks guys.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick,

I just got a perm. schedule at work. I'm off Monday and Tuesday. I have TKD on Monday nite, but I can search for news that day, then write an article on Tuesdays I hope this is ok

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's great. For a moment, I thought you had gotten a perm. As in a hair treatment. Then I read the whole thing.

Saturday and Tuesday taken. So... need 3 more people to step up.

Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: