Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

HiyaaMartialArts
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, Gao style Baguazhang, Da Bei Quan, others.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCMA will never die out. What's hot now was not so in the 60's nor the 1600's. Different strokes for different folks. And folks will always have the TCMA option if they so choose.

vitaniya
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the Chinese Kongfu is more and more popular.

Little Rowe boat
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Kung Fu San Soo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Chinese martial arts is going away on the contrary At the Kung Fu San Soo school that I train we had 51 students training the other night. It seems to be thriving.

Little Rowe boat
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMA is popular because of the UFC and other fighting organizations which is fueling peoples interest in MMA. I like MMA and I love to see a good MMA fight but i am not training for the octagon, I am training for the street. No rules just down and dirty street fighting.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Rowe boat wrote:
MMA is popular because of the UFC and other fighting organizations which is fueling peoples interest in MMA. I like MMA and I love to see a good MMA fight but i am not training for the octagon, I am training for the street. No rules just down and dirty street fighting.
This is said a lot. If you train for MMA, then you can use it in the street.

As far as the popularity in the CMA's goes, I think it tends to be a style that flourishes in more heavily populated areas. I live in rural Kansas, and have the only time I've ever seen a CMA school is in phone books when I travel to larger areas. The CMA's just haven't seemed to have matriculated as much as other styles.

Little Rowe boat
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bushido_man96"][quote="Little Rowe boat"]MMA is popular because of the UFC and other fighting organizations which is fueling peoples interest in MMA. I like MMA and I love to see a good MMA fight but i am not training for the octagon, I am training for the street. No rules just down and dirty street fighting
.[/quote]This is said a lot. If you train for MMA, then you can use it in the street.

I agree that you can use it in the street but if you condition yourself to fight with rules for instance no kicks or punches to the groin or no eyes gouges then you are more apt to do the same in the street.

As far as the popularity in the CMA's goes, I think it tends to be a style that flourishes in more heavily populated areas. I live in rural Kansas, and have the only time I've ever seen a CMA school is in phone books when I travel to larger areas. The CMA's just haven't seemed to have matriculated as much as other styles.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Rowe boat wrote:
I agree that you can use it in the street but if you condition yourself to fight with rules for instance no kicks or punches to the groin or no eyes gouges then you are more apt to do the same in the street.

That's not necessarily the case. Anyone can kick to the groin. It doesn't require a lot of special training. Just different target. Aside from that, the groin is the end all, be all target it is assumed to be.

Our body has a natural flinch response to protect our eyes. If I can jab to your face, I can open my hand and gouge your eye. If you go for an eye gouge like that on an MMA fighter who has trained to defend a jab, then it probably won't be highly likely to hit home, anyways.

I'm just saying that just because someone fights on a rule set, doesn't make them that susceptible to losing a street fight.

Little Rowe boat
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying that just because someone fights on a rule set, doesn't make them that susceptible to losing a street fight.[/quote]

I hear what you are saying and understand. Im not saying MMA people are a bunch of no good fighters. There is no way I would want to fight a professional MMA fighter. When you train day in and day out to strike and hit people in places that MMA peeps don't usually train to do, then you are more than likely to strike those areas and end a fight quickly.

JusticeZero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Capoeira Angola

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The delivery system to strike those places is likely to have some problems, though. Then too is the assumption that those places will end the fight quickly, not always a good one.

Little Rowe boat
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JusticeZero wrote:
The delivery system to strike those places is likely to have some problems, though. Then too is the assumption that those places will end the fight quickly, not always a good one.

Could you elaborate on the first part of your post???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: