Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Severe Matburn
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Team Snake Pit Submission Fighting (grappling and striking)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: Will Submission Fighting ever make money? Reply with quote

There are many martial art related sport many of which can at least make some money...do you think Submission Fighting could ever become a professional sport, like boxing...not just like ADCC?

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

Molson style
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: just kick ass and look cool doing it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll take alot of time to get big, and only ppl that are interested in sub wrestling would be interested, so i don't think it'll ever be that big.

it's not like mma where it's a fight ppl like to see, most ppl get bored watching sub wrestling matches. maybe the real pro wreslting league would do it eventually

www.realprowrestling.com

yellowsnow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would be such a big thing...like what Molson Style said, people get bored watching just submission fighting...people wanna see standup striking, or at least striking on the ground...thats just my 2cents.

YS

MuayThai Fighter
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: MuayThai,Submission Wrestling,Pankration,Karate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I would have to agree,I also don't think submission wrestling will ever get popular,which is unfortunate.

Some people just see it as a bunch of guys rolling on the floor,when infact it is more then just that.They don't look at it same way they would with boxing,kickboxing,or some mixed martial arts found in UFC.

Submission wrestling on its own I believe has basically no chance of making money,which is sad since the fake wrestling (wwf *) makes money and it's not even realistic.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on the packaging and how it would be submitted to the general public. One of the drawbacks is that a great many people do not understand the skill involved in submission.

The uneducated public wants to see action.

Molson style
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: just kick ass and look cool doing it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any1 ever watched adcc by anychance. that's supposedly a professional submission wrestling league with most of the best so there u go.

btw does any1 here actually like watching sub over vale tudo,pankration, pride, ufc, etc. i like watching good sub wrestling matches that show good techniques sometimes. but it's just not as fun as a good old standup fight or any kinda fight with strikes.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think martial arts will every become a really popular sport. Maybe kick boxing but that's about it.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don 't think they will because most people HATE the grappling part of submission fighting. People want to see stand up fighting with punching and kicking. Everyone I talk to about this topic says it would be great if they didn't wrestle. I agree because when i watch a video I fast forward a lot of the grappling.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: