Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Drunken_Apprentice
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: aikido, diplomacy, not being there

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: funny you should mention ... Reply with quote

kle1n, I am considering the same combination you are. I am a 3rd kyu in aikido and I would like to explore a little atemi work to round myself out a bit. If you start cross training let me know how it goes, I'd be interested in any feedback you have.

I've heard some mention of small circle jujitsu around here, but nothing really comprehensive ... only that it combines some WC, aikdo, kali, and jujitsu of some form (BJJ??) to handle weapons, striking, multiple attackers and ground work in one form. Would studying this art, if available, provide the balance that I, and perhaps kle1n, are looking for?

Are there any sites that go into some of the details of the art yet are not written by those places offering classes? I'd like to try to get some outside opinions on it.

Thanks all.

kle1n
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh that would be interesting
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: