Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Wing Chun Branches Roots and Trees Reply with quote

Today there are many branches of Wing Chun that are very unique. There are also independent tree versions and traditional versions and modern versions, cross overs and the list is endless... personal versions...

There are common similarities that bind them together such as the centre line theories and Chi Sao practice; wooden dummy practice, three forms more or less and everyone is connected to Bruce Lee in one way or another.

There are website that try to connect all of Wing Chun, that build up the Wing Chun ideas so high that they surpass the clouds; losing out on the beauty of simplicity.

Could there be a too much of a good thing is bad, connected with this style and that is that the training is not usually done on a fully resistant partner (as in many other styles) when it is, it resembles, for some strange reason, the sport aspect of western boxing and not Wing Chun, as Wing Chun isn't much of a spectator sport ideal when done correctly.

Shaolin monks can put on a spectacular display of skills for display purposes, they do however practice real martial art combat that looks nothing at all like the public relations versions.

The combative monk version of fighting, looks more similar to convulsive twisting and rocking movements, a vast contrast to what is usually displayed; I've witnessed this Shaolin monk version of Wing Chung it looks far from pretty yet it is in mind to be ultra effective.

Bruce Lee was always commenting on how his fights took too long, no matter the Wing Chun version you might be involved in, Speed and Efficiency evokes the spirit and essence all Wing Chun branches including the roots and trees.

Yin/Yang a component of how Wing Chun fits together as a functional working martial art system; could very well be the missing ingredient/s of deeper martial art understanding.

To take Wing Chun in to a more profound level than it already is, propreceptive training is the method of choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: