Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

rabid hamster
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In wing chun, how much do they emphasize on using weapons? And also, what weapons are used in wing chun?

And this is also a stupid question but.... how do you pronounce wing chun?

Thank you all :bigwink:

[ This Message was edited by: Hiya on 2002-04-27 20:17 ]

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIYA: In wing chun the weapons are not emphasizeed as much as the open hand in the begining because the weapons are not taught until you have almost completed the system so a lot of wing chun people don't even reach this level.When you reach this level then yes it is emphasized because it will take all you r still to master the two weapons the staff and the short knike( bat chum do) Some other wing chun styles may have other weapons in there system but all have the basic two. As for the way you pronounced ,you can say it as wing chun but there are other ways like wing tsun, ving tsun, it just depends on the school.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: