Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Womens chest guards Reply with quote

After getting a nipple burst open last week during training (all I can say is OWWWWW) I've decided to buy a chest protector. However, I don't know what sort to get.
Can anyone recommend a good type/make to buy, preferably one that I can get hold of in the UK...

Thanks!

Sheffield Steelers!

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've see both Macho and Century hard shell chest protectors for women. You can order them online from Century. I'm not sure how they handle UK orders though.

Gloi
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: 1st dan Shotokan, 1st kup TKD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kamaeinternational.com/ do chest guards that seem to be quite good if you can get one to fit.

hajime
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu Karate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aefibird
are you a lady?

ahhh. It's difficult to spar with the females. Must have been a nasty person that was trying to hit you that hard

if it was a man that hit you that hard and you are a female then 'accidently' hit him in the 'nuts' next time

Jussi Häkkinen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, karate is a contact sport and chest area is a legitimate target even in official competition rules. So, for a woman, it is wise to wear some kind of chest protection.

You will get hit there. And the striker has no obligation to apologize for hitting a contact area.

Vengeance by kicking the groin area or by any other similar way is just a plain childish act.
Finland

hajime
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu Karate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jussi Häkkinen wrote:
Umm, karate is a contact sport and chest area is a legitimate target even in official competition rules. So, for a woman, it is wise to wear some kind of chest protection.

You will get hit there. And the striker has no obligation to apologize for hitting a contact area.

Vengeance by kicking the groin area or by any other similar way is just a plain childish act.

hey I assumed it was a friendly sparring session. If it was meant to be full contact then fair enough you take your chance

as for hitting them back in the groin, notice my winking face? I was joking m8! revenge in this context has no place outside of films

CheekyMusician
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitz sells them. Its a UK company. I can't remember their address, but I think its something like Blitzsport.co.uk or something similar.

Also try Playwell.com.

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hajime wrote:
Jussi Häkkinen wrote:

hey I assumed it was a friendly sparring session. If it was meant to be full contact then fair enough you take your chance
as for hitting them back in the groin, notice my winking face? I was joking m8! revenge in this context has no place outside of films

It was a friendly sparring session= basic one-step kumite. I got caught with a kekome that was a bit high - he should have been aiming for my stomach!
I know that in full contact you take your chances (and when I compete I'm fully aware of the risks involved), however, I didn't think that I'd really need protection just for a small session of ippon kumite.
Thanks everyone for your replies and info on manufacturers!

Sheffield Steelers!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: