Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kyman2332
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: World Kickboxing Champion Master Sensei Joe Bonick? Reply with quote

Hello I am interested in getting my kid into kickboxing I was wondering if anyone has heard of this guy and if he is any good? He claims to be a hall of fame member and world champion but I can't find any information on him. His website reads "Joe Bonick has been studying the martial arts for over 35 years.
He earned his black belt in Tae Kwon Do in 1985.
He was elected into the Hall of Fame of Kickboxing of the Martial Arts in 1998 and the Plains Sports Hall of Fame in 2008. He was inducted into the Who's Who Historical Society in 2001.
His professional Kickoxing record is 12-1-3 with 8 knockouts and 4 TKOs. He retired in 2000 after winning the 2000 World Kickboxing crown in September 2000 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. He defeated Ken Richards in the 6th round by Technical Knockout.
He is currently teaching along with his wife Susan at The Athletic Club in Wilkes Barre"

http://www.bonicksmartialarts.com/aboutsenseijoebonick.html

If anyone has any information that can help I would appreciate it. Thank you.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to KF!!

Other than what you've provided, I don't know anything about him. No big deal because we live in a really big world, so one can't know every MAist.

Visit the dojo many times, and then go with your gut! The only thing, imho, that one can tell about any school of the MA on a website is that they have a website.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: