Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

GreenDragon
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Muay Thai, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Wrist guard Reply with quote

Maybe I am about to come off as a lazy * here, but here goes. I need protection to make my wrists more sturdy during class (when I punch hard, my wrist hurts). The obvious answer hand wraps. The problem is, in Muay Thai class we are constantly switching duties, for a couple rounds, I might be doing punching drills, but a few minutes later I will be holding pads for my parter while he does drills and the wraps would get in the way when I am feeding my partner. Plus I am lazy.

Anyway, I see everyone pulling these ankle guards over their feet and on to their ankles, they help stablize the ankle and protect it, etc. So my natural thought is "there must be something like that for the wrist that will provide protection and slip on & off quickly". But I didn't see anything like that on ringside.com. Does this product exist and if so where can I get a pair?

GreenDragon

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

Tombstone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaking, I've seen those before but not on the internet. I don't know how much support they offer but I'll try to find them later today when I have more time.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could use hand wraps and focus on wrapping your wrists with those. That way you would not need to take them off to hold the pads.

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could practise punching correctly. Im not saying your doing it wrong. But if it hurts then maybe your not doing it quiet right.

WhiteShark
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shidokan, Muay Thai, Judo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand wraps, if wrapped correctly don't get in the way of holding pads.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: