Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i guess...

But i aint dead yet.
Angus

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mauybe not..but the one who lost it with me is.

Point to be taken...your anger can get you killed.

Peace,
Tae

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madam, i am not talking about LOSING my temper, i am talking about conrolling it! THUS CONTROLLED RAGE!! 'controlled'....

Moulding one's anger into something useful and 'controlled'.... i repeat, 'controlled'... yes i come across as arrogant, but i am also an 18 year old Australian male, do the maths. I pride myself on being a good martial artist both in combat and respect, but i tend to get peaved when people misunderstand me.

I am deeply sorry, however, that you had to take a life (as you implied), it must be a horrible feeling and you have my sympathy. Better them than you though.

"Your Anger is a Gift" - Rage Against The Machine.

Angus

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I just don't get angry. It's very rare that anything will anger me. I feel what makes a person angry is their own perceptions of events. If you allow a person to anger you, you are giving them power of your emotions, thus they are already winning. But if you don't allow that person to anger you, you maintain control of yourself and can think rationally and do whatever you want to. If you want to learn more about how to develope control over your own emotions, I suggest the "7 habits of highly effective people", a very good book.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus,
The point is..there is no such thing as controlled rage. You may think so..but sooner or later it will control you. People who think they can control anykind of anger or rage is missing the point of the arts entirely.

Also..it is not Madam....It is Kyoshi...it took me yers to earn that title...llease since you call me averything else..try using this.

Peace,
Tae

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controlled anger, I believe is a great skill to have in the real world. In a fight, having to control your anger possesses a distraction in a fight. To ignore, or not get angry would allow you to think clearly. There are to purity's. The purity of a clear mind, and the purity of hate. When controlling your anger, you have neither. Those are just my beliefs.

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes i think i have an alien consciousness... I will give an example, my final sentiments on the issue, i hope then maybe you can fully understand what i am saying:

I life example: I was with a girlfriend and had a knife pulled on me by one of three thugs who demanded my money and something from my gf... use your imagination... I began to shake with rage, i felt hot, there was a pieircing feeling in my chest and i felt as if i was going to explode... I took in a breath, thought for a second, then grabbed the knife hand of the attacker - i proceeded to lock and swing him in a direction away from my girlfriend while landing a back kick on the thug directly next to him. Adreniline took over then and i can't remember a lot although i do remember that i was badly beaten up yet still managed to fend them off... The emotions i felt are typical of extreme anger, or rage - yet i still managed to think and somehow boosted my "strength"... the most logical thing at the time was to grab the knife hand, lock, and swing... This is what i call controlled rage - maybe someone else would call it channeling your chi or something, maybe not, but that is how i felt and that is what i did... I am not the perfect being and i feel anger, it is a perfectly natural emotion which i can control.
I do not wish to rise above the pitiful humans and become devoid of hate or want, i am not a master of the arts, i am a fighter... pure and simple. I go berserk, only in a controlled manner (that would be an oxymoron would it not?)...

I sincerely hope you understand what i mean now people. Kyoshi Williams, i am sure the average Joe on the street would call you Madam if they have never met you, but since i DO know your rank and you insist on me calling you by your rank then i shall do so in future. Feel free to call me whatever names you wish, whether it be Angus or *.

Angus

This Message was edited by: Angus on Jun 27, 2001 1:47am

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through constant drills and training, your insticts saved you. It is lucky that you have trained in martial arts. Your training saved you IN SPITE of your anger. If you didn't allow the situation to anger you, it would've been even better in your favor. Anger only clouds your judgement an behavior. You were lucky because of training and skill, which isn't a bad thing but a martial artist should learn to analyse even the most dire of situations in a rational manner.
Good for you that you can control your anger. Better wuld be to never get angered at all.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope..not in spite of my anger..because I have never seen the reason to GET angry.

It is a waste of time.

Remember I have been in this since I was 11...I was taught that anger has No Place in the arts except to goet one hurt.

Also Angus,
I have stated before that Tae was fine..and in refernce to you comment...Not it the South. Here we refer to all ladies as simply Ma'am.

Peace,
Tae

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may call it controlled rage, and that is cool with me. I have no problem with what you believe. I just call that muscle memory. You have done so many techniques for so long that you can do them without conciously(sp?) thinking about them. It may be controlled rage, but I THINK, it is just muscle memory.

But hey, rage, muscle memory, the end result is the same, right?

Take it easy!

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: