Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ashworth
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, IJR Karate, Iaido, Kobudo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Your first... Reply with quote

Black belt student...

Okay, so I'm having a student approaching his Shodan, he will actually be going for it in a months time, this is the first student I have had attempt their black belt (have been teaching around 6 years now) and I am really excited about the event. It's just amazing seeing them train hard and achieve a big goal like that, I'm more excited about him getting his black belt than I was when I got mine!

So it got me thinking, I want to somehow celebrate the achievement, both for the student and for the club. Do you remember your first student that made it to black belt? what did you do if anything to celebrate the occasion?

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first black belt is Steve Barlow; currently holds a Rokudan, as well as the Shogo of Renshi. Steve came to my Kyuodan Dojo in February 1977, and 6 years later, in March of 1983.

I held a party for him at the dojo, with a live band and food and sodas and a cake. I presented him with a Katana and a black Hakama.

Memories!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: