Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ryan
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like all of my instructors. My schools head instructor is 7th Dan (TKD) Master Rick Hoadley. He was one of the founding members of the Unites States Taekwondo Alliance, which later became the International Taekwondo Alliance. Our school has since left the ITA due to differing visions of Mr. Hoadley and the current ITA board. He is a great man and excellent instructor. He is starting to get kind of old, so he isnt capable of demonstrating every technique anymore (or maybe he is, but he usually has a younger intructor demonstrate). Although he will step into the ring from time to time to spar us, and let me tell you, he still has one hell of a sidekick.

He has been instructing for so long that he has gotten really good at describing ways to use muscles you didnt previously know existed. You almost learn from him without knowing it. He is very fatherly and genuinely cares about all his students and their abilities. He demands respect without asking for it, and makes the whole room better with his presence. His demeaner is always positive and never makes anyone feel like they are inferior. I dont think I have ever seen him discipline anyone, but he never has a reason to. I feel very fortunate to have him as my instructor.

KoreanTiger30
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, Haedong Gumdo, Kyuk Too Ki, and any Korean Styles I learn from training with others

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKD & HKD: My first two instructors were former Korean tigers captain nad coach and they knew how to push you there wasnt a day I left without feeling sore. they always respected me and wouldnt be afraid to talk about anything with me.

Then They had to move (one went back to Korea for a little bit) Then the school got sold to another Korean master a young one. He was about 27 but seemed mor worried about money than anything else. I left the school because he was trying to ge tme to drop out of college to open a school under him.

This master also became my first Haedong Gumdo instructor.

Then I decided to go to college around where my first master lived and then I felt home again and he continued my Tae Kwon Do , Haedong Gumdo, and Hapkido training and then introduced me to Kyuk Too KI.
International Haedong Gumdo Federation
Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: