Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: April Fools! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Today is April Fools' Day and, as we've done in the past, we decided to have a little fun here with the Moving Our Focus to Street Tested Martial Arts announcement.

Something that we've always specialized in here at KarateForums.com is the ability to welcome you to our community regardless of the martial art that you practice. People who may not be welcome at another site, just because the loud participants of that site don't like their art, will likely be welcome to participate here.

The practicality of an art is of importance, just as it's important to realize that your idea of practicality will not be the same as someone else's. Sometimes people are asked if they've actually used their art. This is a harmless question, yet it's also used sometimes to make someone feel lesser.

One thing that I've noticed throughout my (nearly) 9 years of running this community is the number of times the word "street" gets mentioned. It's almost a meme. As a non-martial artist, it's been interesting to view this phenomenon. And so, we decided to poke fun at it. I hope that this proved interesting.

I appreciate everyone who participated and was a good sport. If anyone feels odd or takes any offense to it, I apologize to you - but, this is that one day a year. Everything returns to normal now. I hope that you had fun today.

Thank you for your time and for reading this message.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean that was all a joke? Nooooooo... It was a good one, Patrick. You really did have me going for the first little bit of it.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be surprised how much closer it is to reality at some other sites, Lupin1.

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

joesteph
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got bailed out of jail for starting a fight with a little old lady whose umbrella I tried to steal, and who whacked me over the head until the EMTs revived me and the police took me in.

I wish I could show the video, but the DA has it as evidence against me.

still kicking
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu Karate, Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, joesteph.

Well, I am sitting here feeling very good about myself because I didn't fall for the joke for more than a few seconds. Please understand... I have often felt that I must be the most gullible person in the universe, so I was pretty proud of it! Even so, Patrick did a great job of not caving. I hope that GeoGiant didn't really leave 'cuz of it, though.

Toptomcat
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Japanese and Korean karate systems, judo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does have me wondering if he's incredibly gullible or an absolute master at deadpan humor. I hope he shows up again, too.

GeoGiant
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would fall under the incredibly gullible category.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really being gullible as much as it is the original message striking the right balance between absurdity and believability. And then, of course, me carrying on the act and staff members replying, etc. It would be natural to be dissatisfied with such a change.

Plus, not everyone who falls for something will admit they did, for various reasons. Those that do should be proud of their honesty.

Thanks,

Patrick

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story of my life...sleeping at the wheel because I MISSED THE WHOLE THING..... I saw the link but I wasn't even interested in looking at it and now I've missed out on the fun as well as the joke. I'm such a dork!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I haven't laughed so much and so hard as I just did after I just read all 3 pages of Patrick's April Fool joke. Very well done by all. Very well done Patrick! ROFLMHO until I threw up!

I'll be laughing at this all day and tomorrow and the next day and...ROFL!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: