Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Internal Arts and Philosophy
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see Rippy's Belief it or Not? Dr. Joe is a chinese chi master that uses his energy to heal thing that western med. can't. They used a camera that sences heat and his hands made a towl 202 f! Can't say that it is fake.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don`t really beleive it but but you never know anything now days anything can happen just a question any chance this is a magic trick??

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripley's "believe it or not" is just a show. This person, I'm sure, couldn't perform this feat in a controlled scientific setting. There is over 3 million dollars that is out there for this guy if he can actually perform this feat. There are guys in Australian, China and the USA that are willing to give over one-million each to the person that can perform "Chi healing" in a controlled test.
Ripley's has been known to show nonsense. They showed the "Oregon Vortex" claiming that it "might be supernatural". What they don't do is look up and research, at least not well, the things they show. If you look up the "Oregon Vortex" on the internet, you'll find many scientific explanations for this "phenomena".

If you want, check out http://www.jref.com you'll find that no-one has even passed preliminary para-normal testing. Chi healing classifies as paranormal, especially if this guy can get his hands to radiate over 120F from his hands.

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself, do not believe in chi!
I will when I see it actually demonstrated and not just an illusion of the mind!

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this debate has taken place in the jujitsu forum for the past 100 posts....I've said my piece already.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not trying to have a debate with anybody or try to convince anybody to belive in chi. My point is to share this with people that belives in chi already. besides, chi should be in kung fu forum anyways.

the heat camera picked it up only on his hand and the towl that started to smoke.

like i said before, if you are gonna sit home all day, you will never get a chi master to come over your house and beg you to watch him perform. you say you want to see it in person, yet, you never search for it.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think chi/ki works I myself know how to use the healing thing but the most I can do is take care of pain I can't close a wound or anything.

Buddhas flower
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....if chi is fake or non-existant, then I'm afraid to say that some 1 billion people in the People Republic of China are being completely taken for a ride when they go to the TCM doctor for healing when using acupuncture, acupressure, or Qigong for medical procedures, and come out healed or at least feeling better and releaved from some form of pain. Not to mention the science of reflexology, which is accepted in the western world as scientific eventhough it is basically direct from acupuncture!
Sure there is people out there like the Amazing Randy hows offering like a million bucks to people who can demonstrate 'super-natural' abilities, but is chi really super natural, or just over-looked by the majority of the scientific community because they can not register it on a machine? I mean, hey, scientist believe the theory of evolution as FACT eventhough it is still a theory, or the theory that the universe is expanding at the speed of light, and people believe it to be true eventhough they have no conclusive evidence or even a way to prove that. Again, we in the western world have been spoon fed by our society and our system of science that if it doesn't registar on a machine, or we can not directly observe it with our 5 senses, then it must be fake, no question.
I mean, hey, I'm sure there are a ton of claimed "qigong masters" out there who are claiming that they have used there chi to stop bullets or use there chi to move objects or anything of that nature. So what, does that mean that what they say is true or untrue? These claimed 'masters' have only made a statement of what they can or cannot do. Some are more outragous than others.
As outside observers we should look upon it with a healthy dose of skecpticism, not leaning towards un-questioning belief or total dis-belief.
Buddha once said "Don't take what i say as truth, go and test it for yourself. If what I say is true, then I have done you a service. If what I say is untrue, then continue on your path"

mastertae
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is now some scientific that some "chi" exercises are beneficial to a person and accupuncture is now considered a form of medicen. Research is now showing that accupuncture does indeed reduce some pain and swelling though it is not known exactly why.

Buddhas flower
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, the fact that we are now investigating as to why acupuncture and accupressure work is still somewhat a mysterious, but conclusive evidence has show that acupuncuture along with several Qi-gong practices does elivate pain, swelling, and several other chronic alliments.
Perhaps thats why western medicine hasn't been too interested in acupuncture and Qi-gong because most of what these procedures and techniques benefit is the long term health, and not the quick-fix that we here in the United States are used to: fast food, fast cars, fast heart surgery and your out of the hospital the next day! We tend to focus on the acute problems and solutions, as opposed to preventing the chronic ones before they take root!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Internal Arts and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: