Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never fear ... KickChick will resurrect what Tobias has single handedly put to rest

Here is how you can give your foot the finger if you are recovering from an injured Achilles!
Well actually I cam across these massage exercises to increase bloodflow to the Achillies to speed healing.

Place your thumb directuly on the tender area and firmly rub back and forth horizontally , perpendicularly to the tendon. Do it hard enough that you feel a little discomfort but not pain. Do this for 3-4 min. 3-4 times a week.

If the tenderness is along the side of the tendon press a thumb and index finger on the spot and repeatedly push the skin about a half inch forward toward your shin. Don't just slide the fingers over the skin.

If it hurts where the tendon meets the heel, use your index finger to massage the point. To prevent soreness, stretch regularly. Stand on one foot on a step, your heel hanging off, and slowly lower the heel until you feel the stretch. Hold for 30 sec.s and repeat 5 times with each foot.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achilles tendon Yikessss!!

Luckily i've never had any trouble with mine. My brother tore his and it looked really painfull.

Bretty

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct Tobias. I never really studied the Illiad. I have coverd the Odyssey several times. Everytime in HS or College the teacher would give a quick run over of the Illiad. I guess I should have taken some time and checked up on my facts.

Paris was the king or something of Troy right?

Tobias_Reece
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Matayoshi Okinawawn Kobudo, Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Racking brains*

Paris was the Prince of Troy (I think). He was the son of King Prium and Queen Hec-something.

My greek mythology is a little rusty - about 6 years ago I stopped reading about it and took up shark studies.

Now I've just got into Cryptozoology, but I still pride myself in being about to name the genus, family and order of most sharks.

My God I lead a boring life.

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner
West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy
2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit curious as to wether or not any others of you have ever had an achilles tendon tear. I tore mine when I was 19. Now many years since then I notice that when I stretch I have to stretch that side a little longer than the other one to achieve the same amount of flexibility. Has any one else had a similar occurance?

LeaF
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is not too personal may I ask how long it took to heal, and how did you go about tearing it? You have tickled my curiousity

I AM CANADIAN

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was in 1976 and I was stationed at Ft Devons. I was sort of freshly out of plaster from a nasty stress fracture. And I was on my way downstairs from the third floor. I took my normal jump down the last 4 steps in one leap and rippppppp.

Actually in about 6 weeks I began to do some light jogging again. I wasn't the smartest when I was younger.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: