Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was awesome! Binge watched the whole season! Johnny rocks!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve watched the first 5 (I think episodes). Pretty good. So far I like season 1 better, but I feel more compelled to immediately watch the next episode after each one ends than I did in season 1. Season 1 was far more back-story, whereas season 2 is more here-and-now (although there’s enough flashbacks).

Interesting how the storylines are progressing so far.

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binge watched the whole of season 2. I think I'm with JR, season 1 was more interesting. But still really enjoyed the whole plot line of season 2. Stingray is a hoot.
Favorite scene: "Johnnies dream with the beer"....

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the series.

I honestly don’t know why I liked season 1 better. Maybe less storylines and more depth to things that could’ve been developed further? Kinda a more on less thing?

Daniel was going too far in the Cobra Kai direction of teaching fighting and not enough moral lessons. He seemed more intent on beating and outdoing Cobra Kai than actually teaching his own students. Maybe that took some of the magic away from the season? And his problems with his wife weren’t dealt with in much depth. There was no big coming to an understanding between them. Maybe a few more episodes would’ve been the answer? I think a little more drama and comedy and slightly less fighting would’ve worked better. The best parts of season 1 IMO were the crazy things Johnny said and did to the students. Like when Hawk before his transformation said “I might be on the spectrum” and Johnny replies “I don’t know what that is, but you need to get off it pronto.” There weren’t enough of those IMO.

If any of you watch Orange Is The New Black, the last episode of Cobra Kai reminded me of the OITNB season that ended with the riot and the girl holding a guard at gunpoint.

But I really liked it. Despite all that, I was more drawn to the next episodes that I was with season 1. Already waiting for season 3 and googling reports for it.

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like season 3 will be free for all to view, they will have ads instead. Youtube Red being axed I think.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulltahr wrote:
Looks like season 3 will be free for all to view, they will have ads instead. Youtube Red being axed I think.

YouTube Red no longer exists, in a sense. It has been renamed YouTube Premium.

If subscription YouTube folds, no matter what it’s called, I’d be willing to bet the series gets sold to someone like Netflix. I’m pretty sure the series was pitched to several companies with some interest, but I don’t think they foresaw the viewership numbers it actually drew. I’m quite certain someone else would want it, and with a company like Netflix backing it, I’m sure the budget would be far bigger.

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:

If subscription YouTube folds, no matter what it’s called, I’d be willing to bet the series gets sold to someone like Netflix. I’m pretty sure the series was pitched to several companies with some interest, but I don’t think they foresaw the viewership numbers it actually drew. I’m quite certain someone else would want it, and with a company like Netflix backing it, I’m sure the budget would be far bigger.

Elizabeth Shue...................................

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang....I still have not watched this one! I have to get another subscription to You Tube Premium to watch it but I am so far behind on other series that I still need to catch up:

Jessica Jones Seasons 1 and 2
Iron Fist Season 2
Punisher Season 2
Stranger Things Season 2
Into the Badlands Season 3

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
Bulltahr wrote:

YouTube Red no longer exists, in a sense. It has been renamed YouTube Premium.

I have YouTubeTV, and that's how I watch it. I wonder if they are trying to push YouTube Premium subscribers to YouTube TV?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against my better wishes, I finally watched Season 1 and 2 on YouTube Premium; took me 2 days to watch. Better late than never, as they say.

Let me say this, I thought I was going to be disappointed, however, I wasn't disappointed whatsoever. The story lines kept me on the edge of my seat, especially in how the dynamics of each character, and story lines, kept me on that emotional roller coaster.

As in any great well written story line, I was tossed back and forth in cheering and booing equally through both seasons. You see the vulnerability that is inside of each and every character quite seamingless; that credit goes to the combined genius of Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg, and Josh Heald.

I'm torn at deciding, and I'm a staunch fan of Games of Thrones, which finale was better...Game of Thrones Season 8 or Cobra Kai Season 2?!?!?

I will be watching Cobra Kai Season 3, which has been delayed during this Covid-19 pandemic, this up and coming summer 2020. The tidbits in the Season 2 finale, have me excited for what lies to become a possible conclusion, of which I do hope that Cobra Kai lasts more than just 3 seasons. To see Ali return, with Ali saving Miguel, after all, Ale is currently a pediatric surgeon, and with the possible love triangle with her, Johnny, and Daniel; but will Elizabeth Shue reprise, is to be seen, after all, she's still an active actress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: