Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ITSUKO
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: cross-training karate/kickboxing/female Reply with quote

I just got over with the fear of sparring. That's because we don't do enough in karate. Now i want to spar but there's only a handful of upper ranks at my dojo. I have always enjoy kicking. Do you think kickboxing is good for me? Thanks.

italian_guy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Formerly in Goju ryu karate (Nidan) now in Wing chun with past experience also in krav Maga, Kickboxing, Tai chi chuan (yang) and JKD.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think kickboxing is good if you want to spar.
Anyway at the beginning I think you will spare 'light contact' so you should not be afraid too much.
Then when you are ready and conditioned you will start to do moderate to full contact but if you pick a good school this will happen gradually.
Usually karatekas become quite good kickboxer in a very short time I have an example of this in my school.

I wish you good luck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: