Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSBM is an awesome game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tobias_Reece
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Matayoshi Okinawawn Kobudo, Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TKD_McGee

You hit the nail right on the head!!!! WHAM!!!!!

Perfect thoughts - saves me an arguement

Tobias

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner
West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy
2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSBM is most definitely an awesome game. All old-school Nintendo freaks will agree with me, even though I don't consider it in the same league as a fighting game as Street Fighter. Random button pushing gets you nowhere unless you like 3D games like Tekken. Mortal Kombat was garbage, sorry, but JMHO. I don't play many PC games just b/c my favorite kind of games are platform adventure and fighting. I suggest all you Everquest people go make a trip to SuperCuts real soon

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

YODA
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone played Dead or Alive 2 on the PS2?

A friend just lent it to me but I haven't got around to playing it yet - any good?

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Combat was garbage!? Bastid!

I'll tell you what garbage is... having Nintendo TOONS fight each other with no blood in random places...

Mortal Combat was the first REAL fighting game.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YODA, I've played it on the Dreamcast.. its nothing amazing but its worth half an hour

Now.... Shenmue and Shenmue II, those two games on the Dreamcast are simply amazing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Kombat the only REAL fighting game??!!!! I would have to totally agree with you, but only if I was on CRACK! and also knew absolutely NOTHING or had absolutely NO COMPETENCE in any type of coordination or fighting game imaginable. OMG if you hate fighting games then you should hate MK the most. All the characters have absolutely no variety and have the same looking basic techniques (hey remember that ultimate uppercut move that wiped away like 25% power?, oh wait, everyone had that!), and the blood and gore is just some stupid marketing bonus used to sell copies of the game (the effect is so awesome that it lasts for about 12 hours before you rip out the cartridge from the deck and start wondering if it would make a better paperweight or coaster). Sure MK is great if you just want basically the same exact looking people with different costumes fighting each other and then getting a cheap thrill from ripping someone's scrotum out when you win. But for a much more deep and impressive fighting game which takes more skill, maybe you should look elsewhere. It's not always about the blood!! ARghhh but I'm assuming that what I'm saying here is pointless anyways since you really don't care for fighting games in general. Aaaa but please just don't say that MK was the first REAL fighting game. That game sucked!!!!!!! It's not even worth the shrink wrap that the actual cartridge comes with. At least with the shrink wrap you can use it to suffocate yourself when you've realized that you used your hard-earned lemonade money to buy this piece of god-forsaken piece of dookeycrap

Don't give me credit, I am only the result of my education.

[ This Message was edited by: spinninggumby on 2002-02-20 11:42 ]

YODA
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight - you don't like Mortal Kombat then?

LOL!

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa whoa i think i need to calm down it's all good no hard feelings to anybody here!

Peace and love, man

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO sick of these blood games. Its like every other X-Box game has vampires in it... I mean what is the deal? This topic was brought off topic, it is PC Games. So lets note that.

And also, to some you, respect the opinions of others.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: