Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so hard to sustain success in the NFL, what KC has done the last six years has been very impressive. The league is set up to make it so that every team has an equal chance, so mathematically your team, whoever you cheer for, should only win a Super Bowl once every 32 years. With free agency, the salary cap, and always drafting near the bottom, it will be tough for KC to keep this run going as teams are not usually great for more than a handful of seasons in a row. The Patriots were able to counter this because Brady would take less money, giving them more options to sign free agents. Also, Belichick did a great job of knowing how long to keep players and would trade them at the correct time, such as Randy Moss. He also knew how to take players from other teams who were having problems and fit them into his system, such as Cory Dillion, and, again, Randy Moss. Bill took guys like Wes Welker and Rodney Harrison, who were maybe somewhat overlooked, and got them to play to their peak potential.

Andy Reid is a football mastermind so maybe he can work that magic as well, it is just so tough to keep long term success in the NFL. As good as Brady and the Patriots were they went 10 years between titles. All I can say to KC fans is don't worry about next year until it gets here, just enjoy the experience now.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Ken. A three-peat is going to be very hard to do. It's going to be tough for KC to keep Sneed on the roster. They've already started working on signing Jones, so I think that is where they will focus their efforts. Sneed may have to sign elsewhere to get his market value, but I wouldn't rule out Mahomes perhaps restructuring again to help keep pieces for at least one more year.

I'm enjoying the success now, as it can end at any time.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting one - for the last few years it is almost like they are conducting an optimisation process to work out the lowest money they can get away with spending on receivers (due to the brilliance of Mahomes) and reallocate to other areas of the team. Eventually they will hit the tip over point (As a Bills fan i hope it is this season!!!).

Also as a Bills fan i would have much preferred them to prioritise Sneed over Jones. Both are superb but there are a lot more decent CBs out there i think than gamechanging DT's

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I agree, Ken. A three-peat is going to be very hard to do. It's going to be tough for KC to keep Sneed on the roster. They've already started working on signing Jones, so I think that is where they will focus their efforts. Sneed may have to sign elsewhere to get his market value, but I wouldn't rule out Mahomes perhaps restructuring again to help keep pieces for at least one more year.

I'm enjoying the success now, as it can end at any time.

Every decade has a most dominate team that wins several Super Bowls going back to the Packers of the 60s, Steelers of the 70s, 49ers of the 80s, Cowobys of the 90s, Patriots of the 2000s, and now is the Chiefs. Ten years from now it will be someone else who wins several Super Bowls in a short amount of time. In the 70s the Steelers won four titles in six years, then did not win again until 2005. The Cowboys won three out of four in the 90s and almost 30 years later they have yet to return to the big game. Who knows maybe next decade it will be the Falcons, or Browns, or someone elese who has waited a long time to win.

Things can change in an instant in the NFL, so teams like KC desereve a lot of credit for being able to compete at the high level as long as they have. You need the right players and the right coach, clearly they have both.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC seems to be the team of the ages nowadays. A lot of teams can learn a lot from KC both on and off the field. That's the beauty of any competition...it's not over until the lady sings. Whenever the lady starts to warm-up, KC tells her to SIT DOWN.

GO CHIEFS!! GO COWBOYS!!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they may also get into the same territory that the patriots got into (if not there already) where players take a pay cut to join them later in career for a good shot at getting that ring. Once you get into that tier it can really help with sustaining a dynasty.

Mahomes now does seem to have a decent shot at getting close to Brady's 7 rings.

For the niners i think next year will be huge - last year of the huge discount on Purdy and they will have some very difficult choices coming up soon.

As for my Bills? If Derrick Henry is still a free agent (haven't checked recently) then we should get him!! When thinking about it we want to have a line built for a large strong powerful back rather than an agile back as it will protect Allen more when he runs too!

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watching the documentary called Dynasty that recently was added to Apply TV plus? It's a doc series about the Patriots years as a dynasty covering everything from championships to controversy. They drop two episodes every week and four are currently available to view. If you do not have Apple TV plus they offer a free seven-day trial.

The doc has talked with a lot of former people involved with the team including Brady, Belichick, Kraft, Bledsoe, Moss, Josh Macdaniel's, Ty Law, and many more. I think that later in the doc they go into more detail as to why Brady and Belichick has a falling out.

From what I have read/recall a few years ago, Bill did not think Brady could play at a high level for as long as he did, and Bill wanted to trade Brady to the 49ers and keep Jimmy Garoppolo. Kraft would not agree to it so the Pats traded Jimmy and after that the relationship between Brady and Belichick was not the same. Not sure how accurate it is, and this part has not been covered in the doc as of this posting, should be interesting to see what information they share in a few weeks. Episode four ends with the Patriots losing Super Bowl 42 to the Giants, the season they went 16-0 and set many NFL records, some which still stand today.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve not seen the Dynasty you’re referring to but that might mean that’s because I don’t have ApplY TV plus. Is it only on that particular network/app?? From what you’ve posted it really seems like it’s a worthy documentary. Thanks for sharing this, Ken.

Netflix just released Inside the NFL with its 5 episodes leading up to Super Bowl 58. Each episode is 42 minutes long.

Episode 1: Wild Card Weekend
Episode 2: Divisional Round Weekend
Episode 3: Conference Championship Weekend
Episode 4: Countdown to the Super Bowl
Episode 5: Super Bowl Weekend

Pretty good if someone wants to walk down memory lane leading up to SB 58.

Mavenicet
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Andy Reid's leadership and strategic brilliance have been key factors in their consistent performance. While it's true that maintaining long-term success in the NFL can be challenging due to factors like free agency and the salary cap, Reid's track record suggests he may indeed have some tricks up his sleeve to keep the momentum going. As a fan, it's important to savor the present moment and enjoy the excitement of the game without worrying too much about the future. And hey, if you ever need a break from NFL stress, checking out some Premier League matches could be a nice diversion.

Last edited by Mavenicet on Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
Anyone watching the documentary called Dynasty that recently was added to Apply TV plus? It's a doc series about the Patriots years as a dynasty covering everything from championships to controversy. They drop two episodes every week and four are currently available to view. If you do not have Apple TV plus they offer a free seven-day trial.

The doc has talked with a lot of former people involved with the team including Brady, Belichick, Kraft, Bledsoe, Moss, Josh Macdaniel's, Ty Law, and many more. I think that later in the doc they go into more detail as to why Brady and Belichick has a falling out.

From what I have read/recall a few years ago, Bill did not think Brady could play at a high level for as long as he did, and Bill wanted to trade Brady to the 49ers and keep Jimmy Garoppolo. Kraft would not agree to it so the Pats traded Jimmy and after that the relationship between Brady and Belichick was not the same. Not sure how accurate it is, and this part has not been covered in the doc as of this posting, should be interesting to see what information they share in a few weeks. Episode four ends with the Patriots losing Super Bowl 42 to the Giants, the season they went 16-0 and set many NFL records, some which still stand today.

Yeah that is what i recall too - at the time though most people would have agreed with Belichick as conventional wisdom was that he would be done very very shortly. Guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc have changed that a little now i think but then when they start to lose it it seems sudden (i always think of Manning and Brady basically falling off a cliff at the end!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 98 of 101
Jump to: