Add KarateForums.com
Test the New KarateForums.com!
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sansoouser
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: san soo, judo,

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big guys don't like to go to the ground. They have more power standing up, range and all, not all of them are stronger. But once they are on the ground, their punches and kicks are useless and they are slow moving where a small guy can move around alot easier, and for the most part have more stamina.

Cyph
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go attend some classes.

Position before submission.

You need to be highly skilled to submit someone who has some ~100lbs of weight on you.

Sens55
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: MKD TKD & AJJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sansoouser,

I have to disagree. I consider myself to be a relatively big guy, 6' 300 lbs. I'm not in perfect condition, but I'm not too out of shape. And I can say that if I can get a smaller guy on the ground I feel I have an advantage. If the smaller guy can move and punch and kick, they just wear me out standing up because I can't catch them. But if I can get them down, I can make them swim through my weight. Plus, I'm pretty strong, so as a last resort, I can outmuscle them for short periods.

I do know what Stoneskin means though. I have thick arms and legs that are relatively short. It can be difficult to lock some of the moves because my arms or legs just aren't long enough (or more accurately, they're too thick to do it easily). My instructor is working with me to find a better way to set them up so I can more easily slide into them.

Remember, gravity's not just a good idea....it's a law.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: