Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Anando
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: How to get started with kick-boxing ? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am interested in kick-boxing or even Muay Thai. When I looked up some clubs around my area, I was quite disappointed at some brutal young students and at the trainers who didn't appear to teach kich-boxing as a MA but rather as a way to destroy your opponents vital body parts.
So unfortunately the stereotypical behaviour of a boxer has been confirmed by my visit. Is there any way how I could determine whether a club consorts with competent trainers and serious students ?

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

questions and obervation. you seem to generally know what you're looking for, which should make it a bit easier, i'd imagine. just remember you typically have to look a little better to find the better schools.

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on looking, I'm sure you'll find a good kickboxing or MT club.

Maybe you could look at websites of kickboxing/MT associations to see if there are any clubs listed in your area? Just because a club belongs to an organisation doesn't automatically make them a good club, but it may be a way of finding out about clubs in your area, perhaps ones you didn't know existed.

Good luck with your search!

Sheffield Steelers!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: