Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

EpicMasterpiece
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: I Found a Weight-Loss Plan That Really Works Reply with quote

OK first off I want to say that on this program I lost 25 pounds in 10 weeks, and still have two more weeks to go.

It's all in a book called Body for Life, I don't remember the author's name I think its Brian something, but they have it at almost every bookstore in the fitness section.

The program is 12 weeks in length. Rather than eating 3 large meals a day, you instead eat 6 small meals. It's rather ackward but you'll get used to it and you won't be as hungry as before. Now it requires that you excercise 6 days a week. One day you do and aerobic exercise like running for 20 minutes. (I like to run, and play Dance Dance Revolution) But rather than running for 20 minutes straight, there are intensity levels, so say your running you walk for 1 minute, then every minute bring it up a step, once you get a few steps up you go back to the first level, and walk again, then you just repeat until the 20 minutes is up. Then the next day lower-body weight-training, then the next day aerobics, then the next day upper-body weight-training.

But one of the coolest things is you get an Off-Day, a day with no exercise, and you can eat what ever you want.

With this program I lost 25 lbs and my brother lost even more because I didn't try as hard as I probably could have. So I thought I would spread the word. Also the book is a real quick read.

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes. - Chinese Proverb

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body for Life by Bill Philips owns the EAS supplement company. There are only a few references to supplementation (mainly Myoplex shakes as a source of protein). You are not required to use any supplements on this plan, and it does not even mention several common supplements like creatine or ECA stacks. The book is 50% information, 49% motivation, and only 1% devoted to pushing EAS products.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060193395/104-4319466-4083922

Body For Life is a 12-week fitness plan. You eat a high protein diet and exercise regularly. It is not a very low calorie diet, so you do not feel deprived and you have plenty of energy. Overweight individuals can expect a gradual weight loss of 1-2 pounds a week. You will lose bodyfat and gain muscle on this program.

THE DIET
This diet is not a temporary change in your eating habits. It is intended to be a lifestyle change. The calories are low enough for overweight individuals to lose weight, but high enough for an average adult to maintain a reasonable weight. When you reach your desired weight you simply maintain your new eating habits.

Portions are emphasized, not counting calories. You eat six meals a day. A meal consists of one portion of protein and one portion of carbohydrates. In addition, you add a vegetable to two of the meals. Once a week, you are allowed a cheat day to splurge on your favorite foods.

Each meal is small and low in calories, but you eat so often that you do not get hungry. You are given lists of appropriate foods, and sample meal plans.

You must be willing to exercise regularly in order to use the Body For Life plan. When people diet without exercising, their bodies burn muscle in addition to fat. This results in a lower metabolism, which is exactly what you want to avoid if you are having difficulty with your weight.

You perform vigorous cardio exercises three times a week, for twenty minutes each session. This increases your aerobic fitness and burns calories. You also lift weights three days a week (for about 45 minutes per session). Building muscle causes your metabolism to increase, in addition to giving you a leaner harder physique.

I say ... it sounds like a healthy diet that won't leave you hungry or tired. But I still hate DIETS!!! But is you must.... I suppose this is better than some because I do like that it instructs you to make a nutritional lifetime change.

EpicMasterpiece
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving an even better synopsis

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes. - Chinese Proverb

rabid hamster
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to do the exercises in the book, do you need any equipments? i have 18 more pounds to dispose of.. Mwhaha.. lol..

shaolinprincess
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Matsumura Seito

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have, am, doing a diet like that one. We exersize every day with cardio every other day. We eat 5 meals a day. It is really quite simple, but being as youing as I am, I needed a break. THe food is good, but basicly I don't know how to cook all the differnt things they suggest, so I ended up eating the same thing for two weeks, tomorow I will go back to the strickter portion of the diet. Its great, I lost 7lbs in two weeks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: