Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

PhilM1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: shorin ryu, BJJ, kickboxing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

i dont know a lot about jiu jitsu but i know a tiny bit so when i grapple my friend he always puts me in scissor lock (where both his legs are around my stomach and he squeezes so i run out of air) he has never made me tap out because i have only one defense for it. i take short quick breaths so my lungs dont expand so far that his little submission works. i do it until he is tired of squeezing and then i bust loose. but i would rather have a better way of escaping and expecially one that would catch him way off gaurd. if you could reply with any that would be greatly appreciated!!

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I try and do when I'm caught is a scissors is to focus on the ankles and attempt to wedge a foot or hand in between them. Barring that, I'm not sure. Pressure points, maybe?

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for a choke.

As he puts the scissor lock on, lean into it, put your right arm and grab his left inside collar and use your left arm and put it into his right inside collar you have nami-juji-jime. Once your arms are inplace, the cross of your arms should meet at his adams apple. From there lean right onto him, if anything, it should get him to release the lock.

omnifinite
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Hapkido | Kempo | Jujitsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elbow in the crotch. It's right there .

jiu-jitsu fighter
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: praying mantis, ninjutsu, BJJ,Blauer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes his friend ,lets say a non-striking aproach, get up onto your knees than drive your elbows into his inner thighs and push them down, than proceed to pass his guard

Mr Heel Hook
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Gracie Jiu jitsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what Jiu Jitsu Fighter said. If you can't do that, then just wait it out (if I am getting the picture right) let him waist his energy with squeezing you. It kinda sounds ridiculous to me that he would try and submit you in such. However, I don't mean just sit there the whole time and do nothing. You should keep a hand posted on his thigh ready to push him off and yourself out. I dunno, the whole thing seems a bit silly. How do you end up there in the first place?

jiu-jitsu fighter
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: praying mantis, ninjutsu, BJJ,Blauer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHATEVER YOU DO, EITHER KEEP BOTH HAND IN HIS LEGS OR BOTH HANDS OUT, CUZ IF YOU PUT ONLY ONE IN THAN UR GONNA GET TRIANGLED (choked) and im sure you don't want that

Mr Heel Hook
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Gracie Jiu jitsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he will get triangled if I am understanding this correctly.

Now, do you mean you are in his guard, or like...he has you between his legs with you on your back and one of his legs under you and the other other you?

BonnyBoy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing, Krav Maga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only ever had one guy do this to me, but he was quite skinny and I could feel his shins really cutting into me.

Try grabbing his belt, or placing your hands on his stomach and extending your arms as you push yourself back as far as you can, you'll break his ankles this way, then you can put one leg over his thigh to pass his guard and go into mount, or you can work on passing his guard with both his legs open.

My favoured way of breaking the guard is the way jiu-jitsu fighter described, but when I can't get that, the former seems to work well.

Another pass you can try is, getting posture, bringing your left leg up so you can stand up - post it out wide and back a bit, so he can't grab your ankle and sweep you. From there, stand up - it'll be hard for him to maintain his closed guard now, and he'll probably open it anyway and try to work something else, but if he doesn't and keeps it closed, place your left hand under his leg (might have to go behind your waist and under his shin, then pull it up under his leg as you bring it past your waist, breaking his guard in the process), then put his leg on your shoulder, as you go back onto the ground, stacking him and passing his guard.

The choke Kensai is reffering to is the cross lapel, I don't really advise trying to submit an experienced guy from the guard or anywhere you don't have a dominant position.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

PhilM1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: shorin ryu, BJJ, kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thank you very much for your advice. to answer some questions i would have to say i dont know how we get into this position all the time. he doesnt do bjj so i have to make do with a wrestler. and i dont even do bjj i just know some from my dojo. how this is usually performed is he gets his legs around me. one under my back and the other on top of my stomach and he puts his ancles together and he sqeezes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: