Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

craknek
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: TaeKwonDo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said they cant kick?
I will let my fear pass right through me..."
Dune.

craknek
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously question the credibility of someone who just shows up saying they can this amazing feat, they can do that amazing feat, how there gonna dominate some kind of federation blaza blaza blaza....

if he can really do that... great... good for him... reminds of people who come on here saying that have been taught Koga Ryu Ninjitsu, and they can catch swords with there bare hands.. and they know how to jump from 20 feet up in the air from a tree... lololol

Nick
Dune.

tommarker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, they really can do that... it's just that the blade doesn't stop till it goes through their hands and into their skull.

Who are you to question an unbroken chain of 19 generations of teachers?

craknek
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deepest Apologies Tom.

Now, if you were to use bear claws, (weapon) you could block a slashing sword attack.. if you were quick....VERY quick.

Nick.
Dune.

Jae Hoon
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Tae Kwan Do, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did i say i would "dominate" their federation? lol i said i would get triple crown in it to show how bad their style was and how they are only in it for the money, its really not hard to get a triple crown in their association, if peeps in their association can get triple crown world (note that its not really world its just like 5 dudes from korean ATA come over and get their butts kicked) then it would be easy for any other style to get it, and i know plenty of peeps who can do the kick that i can do, its not that amazing, just gymnastic practice and be able to do the splits, takes some good coordination and prcatice too though, but i will admit some of the adults in the ATA are pretty good, i know one that can do a 540 side kick. thats a hard kick, easy to pull stuff, also i just recently started doing my best kick again because i hurt myself badly doing it (landed on my head) once and so i was out for a while and try going to a tourney with open forums and stuff and watch some of the kung fu dudes, they do it alot it seems and you will see that lots of peeps can do it

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a TKD stylist you don't need to be able to kick high to be effective. I use to kick only to the head when I was younger. I would score sometimes. Then one day I threw a kick to the body and I was hooked. It was so much easier to score and to fold people over. Now I occassionally kick to the head. You should try doing a lot of hip swinging movements to loosen up your hips. This will help your flexibility and help you to turn your hips in order to throw a good round kick.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember to show respect to other forum members and their opinions.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for Jump kicks not being useful in fighting I disagree to some extent. I use a lot of aerial kicks in fighting. However, these kicks are delivered with my body low to the ground. I would't jump 3 feet in the air, spin, and then throw a crazy kick during fighting. However, a jump spinning back kick is used VERY frequently. I usually get in fairly close to my opponent then as I start to back up set him up to throw a kick or punch and while moving back I jump backwards away from him and stuff him with a jump spin back kick. Works all the time. I also do a lot of shuffle kicks which would be considered a jump kick even though you're only about 1" off the ground. They are great to advance onto your opponent.

Jae Hoon
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Tae Kwan Do, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey whithers you fight just like i do! me likey

theswarm
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Go-Kan-Ryu Karate, filhos di bahia Capoeira, Okinawan GoJu Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've gotta keep in mind what those aerial kicks are aimed for

Joon how do you do Aerials? (the handless cartwheel) that's a Wu shu move and a gymnastics move....I wouldn't mind doing an art that had it

those fly kicks were designed to dismount cavalry riders.
as someone who does karate I can say after sparring a friend who does TKD - it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to have leg flexibility in TKD to get the leg speed you require for those techniques to work. Otherwise your easy picking.
Fortunately as my friend showed me you guys have some nice stretches and things that i've added to my at home stretch and condition repitoire (spelling?)
the jumping while holding your ears thing, the lying on your back bringing your legs up and doing the splits on your back and in the air thing is awesome too. I gotta admit though when I saw the TKD horse stance I went what the *?!?!

but anyway I actually thought this thread was gonna be one suggesting how to get extra power in kicks. I recently got myself injured doing a powerful roundkick (stupidly doing it in a soft contact style too) just as i was applying the snap of my technique and I was sure i'd opened up that floating rib my opponent blocked with his elbow. I'm still feeling the pain 2 weeks later, feels like someone dropped the corner of a brick on my foot.
So i guess power isn't always good, speed and better control ( which I tend to find difficult from rounder techniques...) are highly important!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: