Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ozaru
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: TKD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Knee to the Collarbone Reply with quote

If you mangaged to knee someones collarbone and break it, would it keep them from punching or otherwise using that arm usefully?

Northren Ogre
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having witnessed people break their collarbone, one from falling off a ladder and he other having it broken in hockey, I would say that depending on the severity of the break you can pretty much write the arm off. My brother fell off the ladder and his collarbone snapped in two. He couldn't do anything for months.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather use a hamerfist to the collarbone. If you get a clean break they are going to be fighting you one armed.

stl_karateka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu & Isshin Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who suffered from a broken collarbone 4 years ago I'd say punching would be out of the question for a few months!

Why knee the collarbone --- unless you've already got the person bent over --- and if that was the case I'd knee the face (I'm talking self defense now)

I agree with the poster that said hammerfist to the collarbone ---- but again, if I was in that position I'd go for the nose --- it only takes 7 pounds of pressure to break the nose --- the eyes start to water and the offender is temporarily helpless (again...experience)

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have broken my collar bone in a sporting accident and it wasnt a very severe break so i only felt minimal pain just after i did it, so i think if the person really needed to they could keep punching. But the real pain starts the day after, and at night when your trying to sleep.

Thuggish
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: kung fu, muay thai, wrestling,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the HELL would you knee a collar bone? midget wrestling? anyway, to answer a more general question- anyone with a broken collar bone will not be able to punch with that arm. in fact, unless theyre super tough and crazy (or high) they wont be fighting at all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: