Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SUKU
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Krav Maga, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:21 am    Post subject: Krav Maga Reply with quote

I'M CURRENTLY DOING KRAV MAGA AND TKD.

HERE'S THE SITUATION WHEN SPARRING(TKD) I ALWAYS SEEM TO STRIKE QUICKLY TO FACE. AFTER THIS HAPPENS INSTRUCTOR TELL ME TO BACK DWN AND DON'T BE TO AGRESSIVE. THOS IS AGAINST ORANGE , GREEN , PURPLE BELTS. I FEEL THIS IS A HINDERANCE IN TKD TRAINING.(KRAV MAGA NO PROBLEM WE FINISH LIPS BLOODIED ETC) WHAT YOOUR OPINION! FELLOW MARTIAL ARTIST..

AGAIN POSITIVE FEEDBACK

SUKU

52 HANDS BRONX ZTYLE

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsuprisingly some people prefer not to get injured while training, I can't think why. Whether it is a hindrance or not, that's what they do in that TKD school and if you want to train there you should accept it. If you really believe its that much of a hindrance find somewhere else to train, but simply because you spar to a different, more painful, method in Krav Maga doesn't mean that you should do it in all arts. If you've done it more than once I'm suprised the instructor hasn't simply banned you from the school.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot apply your Krav Maga training into your TKD training during class while sparring. I see that you are crosstraining and that is fine if you plan to supplement your TKD skills with some Krav Maga combat style training. You can aplly your knowledge of both styles "together" on the street but you need to keep them separate in the training hall.

Whatever style of TKD you may be currently training in, you are not allowed to purposely injure your opponent (especially to the face) during sparring drills. I too am surprised that you haven't been banned.

Maybe you should give TKD a second thought.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember what class you are in. The TKD will help you with your kicking and footwork. If the dojo does not want any contact with those ranks then back down. That isnt nessarily bad. If in a self defense situation you can't kill the person. You can only strike with the same force they applied on you. Overkill is not allowed in the real world. (legally) Learning control can be very good for you.

Appling them can be the easy part. Learning when to strike hard or pull back on the street is the hard part.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea about learning a martial art is to defend yourself, but it is also for self control, confidence, self awareness, and the list can go on. As one member stated, you can use only the necessary force to counter any aggression towards you on the street. But when it comes to the dojo, you are all there to learn. Getting hurt or hurting someone is not necessarily learning, and if you or the other person is put out of commission, then the learning stops altogether.

If you are of a higher rank and taking it to a lower rank, then you are not helping them learn. Not saying you have to stand there and take their shots or give them anything, but you simply need to understand their limitations to your abilities. Lastly, there will always be someone out there that is bigger, tougher, meaner than all of us.

SUKU
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGAIN THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!

AND YES I WILL TONE DWN THE STRIKES AND LEARN TO USE BETTER SELF CONTROL WHILE SPARRING.

SUKU
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:58 am    Post subject: THANK U Reply with quote

THANKS AGAIN FELLOW MARTIAL ARTIST
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: