Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

WhiteBelt
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Marcus Soares and Affiliated Dojo Reply with quote

Anybody know about this guy?

I'm asking because there is a BJJ school a few blocks from where I work which claims to be pretty damn serious about training. Marcus Soares flies over from Vancouver to help train from time to time, and does the belt promotions. If you're in Toronto and know about Rebellion BJJ, tell me about it. I can't go for a few days because of work (coworkers on vacations)...

yellowsnow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus is GREAT. He is a 6th black belt in BJJ. I have been to a couple of his drop in classes here in vancouver. He is highly respected. The school your talking about also is very respected. You would be making a wise decision by going there. Good luck and keep us posted!

YS

WhiteBelt
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I try but my net connection at home has been dead for a week. I might drop by that school Wed evening on my way to work, or Thurs, so I'll see then.

Edit: One quick question. The instructors include, one brown belt, and two purple belts. All three graded by Mr. Soares. Is this typical of BJJ? I'm curious because in other MAs the instructors all claim to be black belts...

Sho-ju
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Karate, judo and jujitsu.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellowsnow wrote:
Marcus is GREAT. He is a 6th black belt in BJJ. I have been to a couple of his drop in classes here in vancouver. He is highly respected. The school your talking about also is very respected. You would be making a wise decision by going there. Good luck and keep us posted!

YS

His stand up grappling is awsome too. He has a 5th dan in Judo as well. I have rolled with some of his students, very good. I have heard it said in his dojo's you are not allowed to pull guard but must fight for the throw/takedown.

WhiteBelt
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to check the place out. It's in a downtown garage and packed with guys during class. The head instructor seems pretty young but has won a few tournaments, and I've heard good things about him. I'll try and check it out again soon. Problem is I have to convince my parents, my GF, and my GF's parents that I can handle the work load during school.

yellowsnow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!!!

YS
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: