Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Blammo
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Muay Thai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Maybe one of you can answer this question I have here. Reply with quote

I'd just like to say hello to all of you again. I've been silently checking the forums out every so often.

I had to stop taking Muay Thai lessons about a year ago. I still get urges to go back, but I don't have the cash to do so now. Anyway, what I want to know is if anybody here knows if there are any Air Force bases that offer Muay Thai training lessons. I'm going to join the USAF after I graduate from high school, and I thought it'd be a huge plus if anyone knew about this. I know this question is a little different from all the others, but I'd appreciate any help on my question. A lot of AF base websites are down so I can't really do any research on it. Thanks for any help.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you join, tell us where you are stationed. There may be MT in the city.

The navy base here has a boxing gym, and the local police department has a boxing program also. you may want to look into that in the meantime - see if there's a boxing program in your area. the rates will likely be pretty reasonable.

stl_karateka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu & Isshin Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the AF so I can search some internal sites for you....the AF public sites are pretty crappy. I will say this....don't base where you want to be stationed on whether there is MT or not. From what I see most bases offer TKD, Judo and maybe Shotokan.

Anyway --- like the other poster said, you have a better chance of finding a school after you get stationed in the local area.

What job do you want in the AF?

Blammo
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Muay Thai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote:
don't base where you want to be stationed on whether there is MT or not

No, I certainly won't do that. If they have MT classes anywhere around there then it'd just be an added bonus.

As for the job, I'm looking into either firefighting or computer systems operations apprentice. Even aerial gunner interests me. Out of those three though, I think firefighting seems cool. Not only do I like the Air Force, but I also look up to firefighters.

Natural
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Renzokenkai-do, Taikyoku-ken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to thailand, live there a class won't cost you more than a 50 cent.

Natural
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Renzokenkai-do, Taikyoku-ken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joking, if I were you I'll travel to edinburg I herad thet theres a ring competiion and muay thai clubs around there somewhere.

www.google.com

ZR440
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Filipino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think his CO would appreciate him coming back from an off base competition all banged up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: