Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a visual artist, I can view things very differently than most people that are not.

Such as a painter makes two dimensional art that looks three dimensional, whereas a sculpture makes three dimensional objects and can use the light, similar to an impressionist painter.

Chin na and Jujitsu are as different or as similar as I view them to be.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
As a visual artist, I can view things very differently than most people that are not.

Such as a painter makes two dimensional art that looks three dimensional, whereas a sculpture makes three dimensional objects and can use the light, similar to an impressionist painter.

Chin na and Jujitsu are as different or as similar as I view them to be.

I understand where you are coming from now. Disappointing as I wished to learn something new but I understand your views.

Thanks for that clarification.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always something new to learn but understanding what you see might be difficult.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what I see and also what I don't see. I personally think that all too often we accept what we are told without verification simply because our senior or teacher tells us it's so. I on the other hand have always been a lover of the truth and an avid historian and researcher. The eyes can be fooled but facts trump everything.

I actually love finding the truth and I am just as excited when I am proven wrong as when I'm proven right because ultimately I win either way as I gain knowledge I didn't have.

As such I do not take opinions as facts nor do I accept what one sees as their personal truths as mine until I can verify with facts.

The history of the martial arts is somewhat subjective due to the lack of documented written evidence. However we can form personal opinion based on what we see and choose to believe. This neither makes us wrong or right. However as this is an individual journey someone else's experience and opinion does not mean it's right for us.

I merely asked for your evidence as I am constantly seeking proof to what may never be proven with actual written documentation.

We are all students and in that we need to be independent thinkers as the arts is riddled with personal opinion and not many facts.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the jujitsu instructor being shot on the bus, my condolences to his family.

Some good might come out of this tragedy, as to learn how to deal with these types of situations.

Using jujitsu on a bus isn't exactly an ideal place to use it, especially in a confined space.

Yet there can be advantages to combat when space is restricted for and against you.

There are principles to use when fighting against an opponent with a weapon.

As in:

Don't fight the weapon but get control behind it.

Have the weapon always pointed towards the opponent either when in your hands or theirs.

Use the right element or moment of surprise when attacking or escaping unnoticed.

Always consider in a real fight, that there is a weapon close by that can be used against you, or for you to use in your defense.

Always be a difficult target by zigzagging or moving off line or out of sight of the opponent(s)

When escaping, disappear with haste only when the moment is right to do it safely.

Don't give away your intentions to attack or escape with your body language or facial expressions.

Don't risk your life for money or possession, as these can be replaced.

(Please add your suggestions to this list, as they would be very welcome)

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For MatsuShinshii:

As for Chin Na and Jujitsu.

With 700 techniques in Chinese Chin Na and 700 styles of Jujitsu in ancient Japan, there is a similarity right there.

As Chin Na is used by military in one country and Jujitsu is used by military in another, yet another similarity!

As we are all human beings, with similar parts that have inherent strengths and weaknesses, the best way to break bones or dislocate joints, will come to the same conclusions, no matter the name tag/system/style as there is nothing new in martial arts, only new founders, putting their personal twist on the subject, with new followers and disciples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: