Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

WhiteBelt
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Need help escaping head lock on ground Reply with quote

How do you escape from a head lock when you have somebody in side mount but they have your head and are lying on their side slightly? I got my head in a position that I wouldnt get knocked out and could knee, punch and elbow but couldnt get out of the lock...

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I'm just learning ground fighting here and there in my karate.

Tibby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JuJutsu(Judo), Isshinryu Karate, Boxing, Fencing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kind of hard to get what your taking about, but it sounds like you could just wiggle right out of it. Try getting into a full mount. If you can’t, just them in a side quarter hold. If that still doesn’t work, put a choke on him. There are plenty of things you can do in this position. From what you described, it sounds like a pretty sloppy hold he has you in. Seems like you are the one with the upper hand.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been show two diffrent ways...one when they are leaning forward putting pressure on you and one when they are leaning back..If you cross face then and get their head back...You can use you leag to wrap around their head and pull them off...hard to descipe the technique in writing though.,.

wiz cool c
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get on side, brace with arms against his face, shot hips away from him, kick leg over his head, roll him into armbar.

Tibby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JuJutsu(Judo), Isshinryu Karate, Boxing, Fencing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is assuming, after pushing away, his arms are pointing out. With him rolled on one side, and his arms retacted into a headlock possition, and arm bar would be kind of hard to get. Most joint locks of that nature are done when the joint is already extended.

Anzie
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shootfigthing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my own way;
Hold your hands together, and squeeze your arms (the "sharp" side of your arms) against his larynx. He will then push his head away from you to ease the pain. Then you shoot your nearest leg over his neck and force him down to the ground.
Works for me at least

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how good is your shrimping?

wiz cool c
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tibby wrote:
That is assuming, after pushing away, his arms are pointing out. With him rolled on one side, and his arms retacted into a headlock possition, and arm bar would be kind of hard to get. Most joint locks of that nature are done when the joint is already extended.

The arm is allready somewhat extended from being raped around your head. All you have to do is place your hand on his wrist when you kick your leg over his head. When you roll him onto his back your now holding his wrist with bothyour hands. The same as any other supine arm bar. This is a common gracie escape. I used this on my brother sparring on the beach he got the take down and the head lock i did this exscape got him in the arm bar and head him there helpess for a minet then let go. My brother is 220 I am 165 and he is a good wrestler. He actually knocked out Mark Gasteno with a back suplex in a real fight in longbeach longisland NY.

WhiteBelt
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience on the ground. Choking him seemed like the best idea at the time but I wanted to see if I could escape the head lock.

I have no idea what some of the terms you've used mean though...

Maybe I should try to describe it better. He was on the ground, almost on his side, facing away from me with his arm around my neck. I think his hands were clasped together near his chest/stomache. I was on top in what I think is called a side mount where I could reach his face, neck, and legs with anything. If I wanted I could pound his head from behind with my knee/elbow. I just don't have the experience to know what to do, and I want to surprise him the next time.

wiz cool c
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that position you could mount him. Kick your leg over his stomach and strattled him placed your forarm on his face pry the lock open and you are in a superior position you could do alot from there.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: