Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Karate-Kid
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i already posted this in the fitness forum but i figured i'd try here as well.

I just started karate about a month ago but yesterday in class i ran into a problem. Near the end of the lesson the sole of my foot started hurting. When i took a look i noticed that a huge chunk of skin was peeling from the pad of my foot. My foot is very sore right now as the skin missing is fairly thick and deep. I'm worried that maybe i am prone to this type of injury.

I guess my questions are: Is this a common injury? What can i do to make it heal faster and to help prevent it from happening in the future? Your help is appreciated!

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karate-Kid,

Welcome aboard .

If you have not developed the callouses underneath your feet this tends to happen especially when you are learning how to move in different stances. Many of the stances you learn require you to shift back, forward, and stop. When this happens your skin under your feet tends to stretch every which way, and eventually stretches too far causing a tear.

Keep your wound clean and give it time to heal properly. When you workout again take it easy on your feet until you develop good callouses. Hope this is of some help.

Karate-Kid
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what happened. We workout on a hardwood floor and it was when i was shifting around while blocking some punches.

I'll try to take it easy on my foot until it heals and callouses. Thanks for the help Pacificshore!

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you're welcome. Just remember to give it the proper time to heal. I know from my experience that when I jump the gun, I just rip it open again and it is painful

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this was kind of in the wrong place so I moved it to health and fitness. And since it is a double post this one is now closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: