Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ali
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Muay Thai, Yiquan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: San Shou VS USA IKF competition Dec 2003 report Reply with quote

China Event Questions & Answers

Dear IKF Readers,

Today we were sent an e-mail from a popular China website with some questions that were related to the recent IKF Sanctioned China San Shou event. We thought, since someone was asking us these questions maybe others wondered the same things so we are going to answer them publicly here on the IKF news page. Please find the questions below exactly as they were asked to us, we have kept the senders name private.

Has the IKF well prepared for the fight?

ANSWER: The IKF is a "Sanctioning Body". We do not manage or train fighters. The fighters who fought on the recent IKF Sanctioned China event fight for many different organizations. With this being said, the answer to your question is "Yes". As a "Sanctioning Body" the IKF was well prepared for this event.

Why Dave instead of Ott come to the fight?

ANSWER: The event promoter, Dr. Yong Yao wanted to promote Mr. Marinoble in this event. He and Dave met some time back and have been talking about promoting an event for months.

Do you think if the San Shou player had played, he would have done a better job?

ANSWER: Dave has fought San Shou before and does well. If you are asking if Mr. Rudi Ott (Right) would have done a better job, there is no way to know this until Mr. Ott fights Mr. Bao Ligao (Left). Both Mr Ligao and Mr. Ott are our IKF Pro World Champions, having this title speaks for itself. Both Mr Ligao and Mr. Ott are "Excellent" San Shou fighters. Mr. Ott has won once and lost once to Mr. Marinoble. We look forward to a third match between them if a promoter can make it happen. If you really want to know how Mr. Ott will do against Mr. Bao Ligao, I suggest you discuss with those capable of promoting such a bout and have Mr. Ott fight Mr. Bao Ligao. Mr. Ott would fight him on any day, anywhere in the world as long as the offer is worth it for him, again, remember, he is a IKF World Champion and deserves to be paid and treated as one, just like Mr. Bao Ligao. This way you will have your answer.

You have complaints about rules, next time, will you ask Wushu Association to change it?

ANSWER: By fight time, we had absolutely no complaints about any of the
rules. The rules were all followed to the agreed requirements by all involved. We spent 7 hours the day before the event discussing the rules in a very positive and productive meeting with the Chinese Wushu Association. After we had all discussed our concerns and the rules were adjusted, all of us were very pleased. With this being said, let it be known that we as the IKF and even all the fighters had "NO COMPLAINTS" about any of the rules that were used in the event.
In China thousands of kungfu funs require Cung Le to fight Liuhailong.

Would it be possible to have this "revenge" fight re-matched?

ANSWER: As you may already know, Mr. Cung Le, (Right) like Mr. Ott is an IKF Pro World San Shou Champion. He is probably the most well known San Shou fighters in the world and one of the most well known martial artists in the world. This being said, he is a very busy man. However, Mr. Le will fight anyone, anywhere as long as the purse is worth it to him. The promoter did not want to match "Asian" Fighters against "Asian" Fighters on this event so Mr. Le was never even asked to fight on this last event. To the IKF this would no be called a "Revenge" fight. We are not seeking revenge on anyone. We represent all fighters and all champions so Mr. Liu Hailong is our IKF Champion now too, just like Mr. Le. If you can find a promoter who is able to pay both these Champions what they are worth, I'm sure neither would be afraid to fight each other and we as the IKF would be proud to sanction such a great bout.
Cung le is your Champion, and the only one who has beaten up our Champion, why did not you let him fight this time?
ANSWER: This was answered above. To begin with, Mr. Liu Hailong (Right) would have had to come down in weight to fight Mr. Le since he fights at the weight below him and holds his IKF World Title there. But to re-answer this question, the promoter did not want to match "Asian" Fighters against "Asian" Fighters on this event so Mr. Le was never even asked to fight on this last event. I believe this was because the promoter and those associated with the event wanted to make it clear for the event that they were not having a World Title with two Asian Fighters against each other. They wanted someone from overseas, but not "Asian".

Will you get your belts back? Or leave them hear as gifts of friendship to Chinese People?

ANSWER: When a fighter wins an IKF Title Belt the belt is there's to keep forever. If they should lose their title, a "New" belt is made for the new IKF Champion, but the previous IKF Champion will always be allowed to keep their IKF Title Belt.
What will you say to Chinese Kungfu funs, who have shown great concerning about this match.
ANSWER: I'm sure my answer would be the same as "ANY" fighter out there in the World Today...

sano
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: shidokan karate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: