Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

rabid hamster
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sprained my ankle yesterday night while i was taking a walk with my dog.. does anyone know any ways I can heal it fast? If I sit down i'm okay, but when i try to walk, i have to limp and even than it hurts. I have a belt test soon, too.

lol, well I'm lucky this is my first sprained ankle in 13 years.. to bad it just had to happen at this time.

so any advice on what to do would be great!
thanks

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a varying degrees of sprains that occur. You should go to your doctor, and ask him to show how to tape your ankle for stability when training for the first while.

Take some time off your feet, it will heal faster that way. It will also insure that the tissue heals well. As you get better balance on one leg and if possible do it on a balance board, it will help strengthen the joint.

Don't rush to get right back in take at least two weeks off class, and listen to your body. It will take 6-8 weeks to feel 100%.

Sorry man, I've been there and its hard to sit around, but take my advice...take it easy.

muaythaiposer
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rest and more importantly for preventing future sprains, REHAB! get on the wobble board when youre comfy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: