Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: Still loving the weights... all injuries gone!!!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm still loving the weight training, in the gym most days. Usually doing a body part each day.
Chest/Back/Arms/Shoulders/Legs
with abs and stretching work alternate days.

Anyway I used to be really afraid of heavy weights, scared of injury and the slowing/lack of mobility effects of too much bulk. But this couldn't be further from the truth!!!!

I've found squats and deadlifting heavy weights have improved my jump kicks loads, and i can still do the splits and 540's no problem. Also all my joint problems have gone away. My knees feel great, my shoulders don't dislocate and my wrists don't click any more!!

I recommend weight training to every one!!!!!!

Bretty

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm glad to see that you too are reaping the rewards of the weights.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Betty's Seal of Approval"
Great news! You're obviously reaping the rewards of weightlifting .... for some they don't give it enough time or aren't sonsistent in their efforts to "see" any results! Good going.... so keep it up!

Radok
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorin-ryu Karate-do

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bench 175, I can run around around 10 miles, I got testosterone pumping, and NOBODY challenges me at school. Good thing I have a bench in my garage.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: