Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ironberg
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: American Karate, WTF Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Donkey wrote:

Get a friend to hold pads for u and if u can't get someone to fight full contact with u, then let them hit u full power while u return light attacks.

My biggest concern is, in fact, the problem with getting any good partners these days. Even if I could convince someone to smack me around they won't be around consistently.

I've read in articles that "reasonable massocism" has helped martial artists who fight full-contact - is that true?

TheDevilAside
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: American Kenpo

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, reasonable massochism definitely helps you develop a certain resistance to pain. But.. uh.. I'm sure there's smarter ways to go about it. Pick up skateboarding, that worked for me

Fat Donkey
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Muy Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, Bjj, Kali, Wrestling and MMA

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that the greatest fighter in the world does'nt fear the second best fighter in the world, he fears the worst, because no idea what the worst fighter in the world is going to do. Trust me, the idea here is to dodge and block your unworthy opponents. To create oppurtunities for your attacks by aggressive positioning. If thats all u have to work with its better than nothing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: